• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going Hat in Hand to SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mandrake, have you considered staying on active duty longer?
I'd say give SWA a call, but if that doesn't pan out, apply elsewhere. But I'd still consider just staying on active duty unless it's a mandatory retirement.

No clue? How do you know? I've been slaving away with you here for a long time now. The only place you applied was SWA? Lucky there is one option for pilots with no college, huh?

Oh no...you hurt my feelings now. You said I have no degree. You have no clue as to whether not I do, but you said I didn't. :::sniff, snif::::

If you think working here sucks, then why don't you do us all a favor find a job doing something else? I'm sure with your intellectual prowess you could manage to get a job sucking farts out of shirttails for big bucks.

Buh-bye

In 2001 I was hired by SWA and AA. For a couple of reasons, perhaps brain death was one of them, I went with AA--and got axed in the first wave of furloughs. I went back on active duty AF and will retire next year. I'm thinking of applying to SWA again. Has anybody out there gone back begging to SWA after turning down their original offer of employment? How would you handle the situation during a second interview? Is this something I should call SWA about before applying?

I'm non-current on where all the good SWA gouge is hiding on the internet. Any suggested resources would be appreciated. Best of luck to all of you.

Do you have your 737 type?

If you think working here sucks, then why don't you do us all a favor find a job doing something else? I'm sure with your intellectual prowess you could manage to get a job sucking farts out of shirttails for big bucks.

Buh-bye

Because 80-90k as a second year FO with 17-19 days off a month isn't really all that bad. He sounds like furloughed brand X that is used to making 150 per year working 8 days a month. Now that he works for his pay he's all pissy about it. I find it amusing that a 76XXX employee spouts off like that.

Gup

SWA GUY--

Aren't you on vacation?!?!?!? Get off the crack-pipe, then... :D

Back to the original question, I have two friends that interviewed, got hired, and turned down SWA pre-2001 for jobs at the Legacys (one AA, one UAL). They are both happily flying for SWA now. So, I would say, yes, it is possible...

I know of a guy who turned down SWA for AA back about 6-7 years ago. He got another interview with SWA about a year ago and they turned him down this time. I was surprised he got turned down - really great guy who had several friends already working at SWA.
Whether you succeed or not probably depends on how you answer the question of why you turned SWA down the first time and why you want to work there now.

The fact that you are AF will probably be a bigger hurdle than the turn down.

The director of pilot hiring (AF) has left the position. The company realizes that MILOA abuse is way up (recent firing) and the company sees the culture drifting as a result of the Kernals "now it all, I flew an F-16 attitude" and total lack of interpersonal skills.

Good luck though.

Bill Nelson is an idiot

First any company that fires for Mil leave if done by the book is waiting for the Att. Generals office to craw up thier ass. I bet the guy lied to get time off. If not stand by for a big lawsuit since their is this congressional law USERRA that forbids discremination of military members. Just as Sprint and Ford who paid out two law suits this year worth millions for the decribed event above. So I suggest you shut your mouth and take your UND worthless degree and trade it for a real one or just talk about what you know...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back