Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going from 250-500TT..how much will it help??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CaptO'Brien said:
Haha i knew some1 would ask me why 40 hours multi with no solo time..well thats cause i did all of my licenses in Canada and will be converting...and up here nobody trusts you to fly a twin on your own so they make you pay for an instructor eveytime...yea its stupid i know!

Correct me if I am wrong but if you are rated for the aircraft you can log the time as PIC. You may not meet insurance requirements hence why you need an instructor but it's still PIC time.

Umm as for bongo..thats not what i was posting about anyhow but thanks for posting..legally i can act as PIC of a multi engine plane right now because im multi rated but no places in Canada are willing to rent multi to people..and they dont let you log the time as PIC when an instructor is on board cause the instructor is already logging PIC unlike the US where the instructor logs dual given (correct me if im wrong). Oh yea i forgot to mention i have like 1.2 of Multi PIC from my flight test but thats it!! haha

Anyhow frozen can you pm me the place you work? i would appreciate that

Get your CFI, and teach in your friends C-150 while charging a reasonable rate for the plane (55-65/hr whatever it is these days) and 35 for yourself. Subtract the fuel costs/insurance/100hr, and you're left with about 65/hr as a captain of a C-150

You'll get excellent experience, and make a pretty penny.

Good Luck

Last edited:
for as much as it would cost to buy 250 hours worth of fuel you could get your CFI-II, then ask your buddy if the insurance allows it to be used for instruction and make bank if it can be used.

It cant be used for instructing..its pretty basic...although i probably am getting my CFI anyways..just thought the extra hours i could get from doing this would help me out a bit.

CaptO'Brien said:
It cant be used for instructing..its pretty basic...

That's perfect! Do lots of Primary training in it. The more basic the airplane, the more the student gets to learn now to fly, not press the buttons.

IMHO

-mini

The average person flies less than 100hrs/yr in their personal plane. So if you start flying the crap out of his poor little 152, my guess is there's going to be some friction when the maint. bills start piling up. If your friend knows you plan on banging out 250 hours on his plane for nothing more than fuel, then he is a fool. Do you and him a favor and either pass or just use it for the occassional fun flight.

If you teach full time you can easily get 1000hrs in 12-15mos, then you'll be qualified for 135, the regionals and maybe some corp. And you'll be getting paid and gaining real experience.

Latest resources

Back