• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going from 135 Jet to a Legacy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering everyone's opinion on how competitive I would be for a legacy sometime in the future:

I am 26 years old currently flying Lear 45s and Citations for a management company as an F/O. I am hoping to upgrade within the next year.

I also have about 3000 hours of 121 time as a CRJ f/o for Endeavor. I was there for about 4.5 years. I left that job a year and a half ago because the writing appeared to be on the wall and this management company job beats the pants off of the regional business.

I also have a Bachelor's degree and have had my applications on file with the legacy carriers for the last year. My main concern is that I am not current 121. I didn't seem to think that much about it when I left Pinnacle, but now I am concerned that I may be at a disadvantage because I don't currently fly for a 121 carrier. I know that I will certainly need some TPIC. I appreciate your opinions.

26 years old?!?!

Good grief....where have all the years gone. Man, to be 26 again. Keep working at where you want to go, but always enjoy where you are. I agree with the above...regional flying will suck the life right out of you.

Your 121 experience should be sufficient to answer any interviewer's curiosity at how you will do in a 121 training/operating environment. I would guess that what will help most now is jet PIC time. Are you typed? Can you log PIC on the 91 legs? How long until you are 135 PIC? I wouldn't expect to get much attention until you have some turbine time, but I sure wouldn't go back to a regional to get it.

Good luck. as some others have hinted, you are in a good position to enjoy an upswing in the Industry, make sure to enjoy the present, the future will come.

Regards,
Ty

Latest resources

Back