Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buckdanny

Hello everybody,

I am curious to know what the best route to fractional flying is? I am currently employed by a reputable 135 cargo company and am trying to decide what is most wise. Ultimately, I would like to end up flying for NetJets, Flight Options, etc. The question I have is this: would it be better for me to go regional for a while and then go fractional or to stay here and get single pilot turbine IFR time? What is more desirable for such companies? I really enjoy my current job and would not mind staying but I want to do what's best. I would appreciate some suggestions from people who know the business since I have no clue.

Much thanks.

I'm not in a position to answer from experience, but I've been around this board long enough to get the impression that if you're happy where you are, it's generally a good idea to stay there. Especially since you're getting turbine PIC anyway.

Why risk rocking the boat to head to the regionals when you're getting good time at a job you enjoy?

Well I will give my .02-

Dont overthink it.

Apply where you want to work. Are they hiring now? do you have any contacts there? a personal rec. goes 10X further than your flight time - especially when times are lean. I cant imagine they give a rats a$$ if you have a regional or 135 background.

BUT...in case your dream job of a fractional (gulp?!) does fall through - have a backup plan - whats better, the regional or the 135 gig?

Just aim for where you want and dont be surprised if you wind up somewhere totally different!!

most important - enjoy the ride, its often more satisying than the destination - (or something like that) - as FalconCapt says.

Good Luck.

Gulfstream 200 said:
most important - enjoy the ride, its often more satisying than the destination - (or something like that) - as FalconCapt says.
Holy Sh!t!!! You guys actually DO listen to me!?!?!?!?!? :D ;) :p

Now for my other suggestion, since you want to work for a Fractional, put this thread in the Fractional Forum instead of the Corporate Forum...

WHAT? HUH? LISTEN to you??

we's thickheaded here. Dont listen to nobody.

:D :D

What are you flying now? We have lots of former freightdogs at NJA, even some guys from Airnet who are flying their first jet at NJA. Of course, they were hired pre-9-11, and things have changed... With that in mind, I would agree with the above posters, go ahead and apply at NJA, try to get a lOR from someone flying at NJA or FLOPS or wherever you want to go. FLOPS and Citation Shares are hiring now, NJA will soon. While you're waiting for the call to interview, continue racking up PIC turbine and enjoy the ride! You are in a better situation than most!

Latest resources

Back