• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
Death of B727 S/O Jon Bewley
Issued: 06/05/06 2155zSource: XXX XXXXXXSuspense:06/30/06Approved:XXXX XXXXXX

It is with great regret we inform you of the death of Second Officer Jon Bewley. Jon had a storied aviation career that started with the US Navy in 1979. Prior to landing at FedEx in 2005, his experience included service as a crewmember with TWA, US Airways, and PSA. Jon was a pilot, a poet, a father, an actor, a singer, and a true friend. He will hold a special place in the hearts of all that knew him for his courage, integrity and optimism. Jon's spirit lives on in his son Jon, daughter Daisy, wife Jane,and all of his devoted friends. In lieu of flowers, Jon's wish is that you “take some time with your family and enjoy fresh maple syrup on your ice cream, a glass of crisp white wine,and countless hours with your children".Services will be held in Jon's home town at the New London Inn, 353 Main Street, New London, NH 03260, Thursday, June 8th . Please keep Jon's family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

I would like to thank all that contributed and sent the Bewley family a check in their time of need. Best money I ever spent and I didn't even get a chance to meet him.

Last edited:
PurpleTail said:
In lieu of flowers,Jon's wish is that you “take some time with your family and enjoyfresh maple syrup on your ice cream, a glass of crisp white wine,and countless hours with your children".

Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the loss.

Last edited:
John, I never knew you personally but god speed and may you rest in peace in the grand lodge above.

So Mote It Be.

P.S I know that in times like this that money can be a little tight with the family. Would someone like to find out if we could maybe send some more checks to the Bewley family to help them out.

I hope his family can find some comfort in this sad time.

My thoughts and prayers are with them. I will give my kids a few extra hugs tomorrow, and every day thereafter.

Maybe we could try and rally the folks on this message board to send a few more dollars. Certainly his family might be in need and his kids could use a college fund. Count me in. Thanks.

From the original thread about Jon:

Checks can be made out to "The Bewley Family Fund" and mailed to:

Jon Bewley
c/o Captain Scott Stratton
26 Strafford Lane
Bedford, NH 03110

I'm sure the family would still welcome any contributions to their fund.

Rest in Peace Jon.

FJ

Done. I cant spare a heck of alot but whatever I have available is yours. My checks in the mail.

I have kids and I am planning/preparing for their college. But if something were to happen to me now...well, who knows.

I don't think it would be to hard to donate my Starbucks money for the week and send it to a family in need, with two small children. I hope others feel the same way.

Latest resources

Back