God's Captain Dies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Traumahawk said:
I was talking about his feeling that Dems/Left wouldn't care that he died. Not Scott himself.

I didn't say Democrats, I said that the University of Washington and the Left Wing Liberals would not honor this great American Hero. The left wing Waco's at the U of W have already proven this by refusing to allow a memorial to be erected on the U of A campus honoring Greg "Pappy" Boyington. Furthermore, there has been a history of the far left refusing to honor war heroes in the past.

Excuse me while run to catch my bus.

Last edited:
Origianlly posted by HS125:
there has been a history of the far left refusing to honor war heroes in the past.

I'm quite willing to bet just about any war hero would not want to be honored by the far left.

The fact is that the democrats who rule Washington, tried desperately for several years to stop the Blue Angels from performing at our biggest event here. They tried every whiny, stupid little excuse they could find: to noisy, not safe for viewers, not safe for people living in the state, not safe for the pilots to fly over water,etc.. What they were really about was trying to say that it was not safe for tomorrow's generations to admire warriors. Not safe for our children to know and admire warriors. After all maybe they (the local democrats) are organizing a "better" management system than democracy--a plan that does not require warriors.

With regard to the Blue Angels flying: it took a huge effort by those of us who disagreed. Finally, the silent community--the people--made their wish known to these fools.

Amazing how a post about the death of a great American aviator can so quickly devolve into a post of petty party bickering. Actually by the second post.

Now that you have so graciously informed us about the "liberal's in Washington" trying to put the kabosh on the Blue Angel's air show in your town, why don't you tell us how much of a boon to aviation the Republicans have been. Maybe you could start with Ronald Regan's de-regulation of the airlines and handling of PATCO and finish with a summary of the ADIZ zones and regulations and how they are making our skies safer.

Its kind of sad that you would an individual's death to push your political agenda. Its kind of sad really.

The last post was for trauma and hs125 and the other idiots who push their political agenda on a man's death.

If U of Washington does not want to honor him so be it. I know many others who should be honored but you dont see me pushing my agenda on a university. I wonder if Dr King is honored there cuz i am sure he deserves it more than some fighter pilot.

I was fortunate enough to have met the General back in the summer of '01. At the time, he was still working at the Air Museum on Robins AFB. He had an office upstairs. Got to sit with him, one on one, for about an hour. Wow, the guy was truely amazing. He really loved flying and those who fly. He had me rolling with some of his stories from WWII. The man was a true warrior. May he rest in peace and Godspeed.

pookie said:
The last post was for trauma and hs125 and the other idiots who push their political agenda on a man's death.

I wasn't pushing any political agenda. I made a simple statement and observation, nothing more. If you don't like oh well!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back