• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

God's Captain Dies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember the movie, and the books. He was a great writer. An inspiration to a lot of people.
I don't know more about him, after WWII. Does anyone else?

sky37d said:
I remember the movie, and the books. He was a great writer. An inspiration to a lot of people.
I don't know more about him, after WWII. Does anyone else?

Just a little. He had something like 25 confirmed kills, had a number of commands, logged 1000 hours in one year in F-84's, and in 1980 walked the entire length of China's Great Wall.

Wonder if he ever put his hand on the gear handle 15 miles out with God in the right seat?

AC560 said:
Wonder if he ever put his hand on the gear handle 15 miles out with God in the right seat?

Only once... ;) TC

HS125 said:
Great American hero, just don't expect those idiots at the University of Washington or any other left wing liberal to honor him.

Yea...he's right. People who are more to the left in this country always celebrate when people die. No compassion. They might even have a parade. After the service at the local satanic church right??

!?!?!?

Morons........your bus is leaving.

Traumahawk said:
Yea...he's right. People who are more to the left in this country always celebrate when people die. No compassion. They might even have a parade. After the service at the local satanic church right??
:confused: Yeeeeeah.... okay then.

Not to diminish what an amazing guy he was, but at some point did it dawn on you he and/or his comrades probably celebrated those kills in one way or another? Not to mention the guys on the other side, toasting their mugs to each victory over Allied forces?

Just my two...

MFR

p.s.--Come, all ye minions of Beelzebub! Service starts at 66 minutes past 6 o'clock! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back