• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

God Help us...USAir discrimination lawsuit at it's best

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looking at the vid, there was no discrimination. A lack of comunication for sure. The guys that got the Buddy Pass were not told about the dress code, or "forgot" Either way they should have known better. Hey if you want to spend about $1000.00 to sit in first class, you get to wear jeans if you want. The other two guys got to wear jeans (I bet they weren't on a buddy pass).
It may also come down to an opportunity to get some $$$ on a "mis-understanding". That in itself is criminal. Shame on them.

Last edited:
A simple case of two dip $hits looking to cash in.

They likely planned the whole thing in advance in an effort to extort money from the airline. I can't imagine a Judge even allowing this garbage to proceed to trial.

Last edited:
I doubt the plaintiffs' lawyer is looking to win in court. A lawyer knows what the contract for travel said, but also knows he can make some money in a settlement. Big difference.

The *************************ing lawyer who agrees to take their case should be hung from the highest tree so that others will learn what not to do!

If you pay for first class then you can wear what you like as long as it is within reason, no tasteless tee shirts or other tardy dress.
When you on a buddy pass then you dress to the requirements - no complaints

A late dress? Is this something new on the fashion runways these days?? :)

My favorite part is it happened last August. I guess the emotional distress was so great, they couldn't overcome it until now?

This is such BS...

There won't BE a next time. At least for that employee and rightly so.

Problem is, will airline managements start to SEVERELY restrict buddy pass usage in order to avoid this kind of REALLY negative press? The single WORST thing you can call anyone these days is RACIST. This is a PR person's worst nightmare.

It's also a classic example of why I left the TV news business 27 years ago and have grown to truly LOATHE it.

1) Good post! I agree with your concern regarding future restrictions.

2) Racist is the single worst thing you can call anyone - Disagree. It indicates that the user has completely expended all oh his intellectual ammunition and is forced to resort to what is now a toothless and meaningless attempt to smear your character. It is like someone calling you a fascist. Nearly no one even knows what that means, other than "something I don't like." It is a sign of the futility of their position.

I submit that calling someone a "liberal" is in fact the worst thing imaginable. Just try it and wait for the outraged butthurt! <waits for sore bums to rush in>

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back