• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Trannie!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The attempted buyout of MEH bought lots of press for AAI. Kevin H. has said our load factor out of MKE is probably the highest in the system thanks to all the press either bad or good.

The airline industry is a commodity industry if you can offer a similar, albeit less luxurious, product at a much discounted price and at the same time have even have a higher on-time rating than your competitor you will win.

Ticks me off Timmy sold all you guys out for a short-sighted gain to his ego and pocket book.

The attempted buyout of MEH bought lots of press for AAI. Kevin H. has said our load factor out of MKE is probably the highest in the system thanks to all the press either bad or good.

The airline industry is a commodity industry if you can offer a similar, albeit less luxurious, product at a much discounted price and at the same time have even have a higher on-time rating than your competitor you will win.

Ticks me off Timmy sold all you guys out for a short-sighted gain to his ego and pocket book.

the price ain't that much discounted. we seem to continuously run fare sales to keep the cash up around $150m. these fair sales tend explain our low yield unit values.

off the internet price for tomorrows first flight MKE-ATL
MEH - $266 on 7:40pm flight (only one showing right now and this is really a biz fair).
AAI - $266 coach / $301 biz - same price all day

for sh!ts and giggles here is the thanksgiving fares (WED travel to ATL, SUN travel back):
MEH - $291.30 round trip (biz fare)
AAI - $261.30 round trip (coach with both discounted fares - business class was $621.30)

now granted our walkup fares are a lot higher......

Last edited:
the price ain't that much discounted. we seem to continuously run fare sales to keep the cash up around $150m. these fair sales tend explain our low yield unit values.

off the internet price for tomorrows first flight MKE-ATL
MEH - $266 on 7:40pm flight (only one showing right now and this is really a biz fair).
AAI - $266 coach / $301 biz - same price all day

for sh!ts and giggles here is the thanksgiving fares (WED travel to ATL, SUN travel back):
MEH - $291.30 round trip (biz fare)
AAI - $261.30 round trip (coach with both discounted fares - business class was $621.30)

now granted our walkup fares are a lot higher......

I am willing to wager a guess that MEH is not making a profit on that and is selling at a loss to try and match airtran. How do I know this our CASM is about 22% less than MEH.

Now when AAI and others add service and MEH is force to match at a loss they will be in bigger trouble espceically with a 2-3 million dollar profit or loss they usually get.

But don't worry the owner TPMG will get all their money back when they sell pieces of the company back to NWA. Once again screwing the employees over.

Good thing you get to keep the cookie. A tragic shame the little guy loses again.

Skybust

Looks like someone else has the same idea...

Sky-bust. . . . That website fare generator is a clunky turd . . . . Bet their "bounce rate" is over 50%. One thing you don't "cheap out" on is your website. . . . . :rolleyes:

If they want to pony up some cash, Ty Webb Aviation Consulting might be available . . . . doubt they can afford me, though. ;)

If you don't get help from Ty Webb . . . Get Help!

TW

Man thats the funniest thing i've seen on these boards yet! Although the Ma and Pa Kettle math clip is a close second.

The link in your signature line is obnoxious. If things are that bad, maybe you should consider turning tricks for Congressmen in a MSP bathroom during your "Airport Appreciation TIme".

It would seem to be even more lucrative, and would take only a little less personal integrity :rolleyes: .

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back