Go Steelers!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DC8 Flyer said:
Fixed huh? You cant push off of a defensive player (at least past 5 yards from the line of scrimage) DOESNT MATTER HOW SOFT OR HARD! Or should the rules be bent to make the game harder for the Steelers and easier for the Chickens? Any part of the ball cross the front of the goal line = 6 points, NOT WHEN THE PLAYER IS LAYING ON THE GROUND. You cant catch the ball and then step out of bounds and then step inbounds in the endzone and get a TD.

Now besides that, what else was fixed?

Take some time to dig around the net on this subject..seems only Steelers fans are the ones not having issues with yesterdays game..Thats understandable of course, they "won"...(and I use that term in a very loose manner)

I recommend everyone reading this article

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2320683

Mercyful Fate said:
Take some time to dig around the net on this subject..seems only Steelers fans are the ones not having issues with yesterdays game..Thats understandable of course, they "won"...(and I use that term in a very loose manner)

I recommend everyone reading this article

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2320683

Hasselbeck hit Darrell Jackson with an apparent 16-yard scoring pass in the first quarter, but the play came back when Jackson was called for offensive pass interference. It was a touch foul. Jackson extended his arm, yes, but both players were fighting for position, and he didn't create any separation by doing so. It was like a referee calling a hand-check in a key moment of Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Still, that was early, and that one didn't change the game as much as did a holding call against Sean Locklear early in the fourth quarter with Pittsburgh leading 14-10. That one wiped out an 18-yard catch by Stevens that would have taken the ball to the 1. Locklear supposedly held Clark Haggans, so instead of first-and-goal at the 1 and the chance to complete a 98-yard touchdown drive and take a three-point lead, Seattle faced first-and-20 at the 29.

Oh my gawd, what a load of poooo. There where 3 freaking plays that everyone calls "questionable" The offensive PI (no question there, a push off is a push off doesn't matter how hard, doesn't matter if it did not create anymore seperation), the holding (come on now, you can't grab a guy around the kneck and cry about getting called for it) and Ben's TD (tip of the ball touched the front of the goal line = TD no room for argument).

Yes everyone who is a genuine football fan wanted to see the Bus play his last game at home and in the SuperBowl, who wouldn't the guy is/was a phenominal player, teammate and person (not in that order persay). SEA had pleny of oppurtunities to pull ahead and win even without the above mentioned "questionable calls". BUT THEY DIDN'T. How many dropped passes did their WRs have, how many yards was "Mr. Touchdown" held to, or for that matter how many TDs did he score? SEA has a few so called super stars PIT has an awesome TEAM! Big difference. Stats mean nothing when one side of the scoreboard has a bigger number than the other side PERIOD!

Three plays later, Ike Taylor picked off a Hasselbeck pass, and Hasselbeck went low to make the tackle on Taylor's return and was called for a 15-yard personal foul for a low block. The Steelers set up shop at their 44. That one right there made no sense.

This one I love, it is one thing to make a tackle, it is one thing to try to trip someone up, but you don't try to hurt someone by going for the knees because you are a wussy QB and can't make a simple form tackle on someone who weighs less than you do! Doesn't matter what is intent was, to block or tackle he went way too low and that is how you end peoples careers, are the Refs supposed to read his mind NO, they are supposed to call penalties on what happens, not what was supposed to have happened. Just like face masking, a lot of that is unintentional but it happens and you get a penalty for it SO YOU MAKE THE EFFORT NOT TO DO IT!

"I don't think he scored," Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said.

Well no $hit he said that, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE BEN LANDED!!!!! IT MATTERS THAT THE TIP OF THE BALL BROKE THE PLANE FOR 1/10TH OF A SECOND, SO TOUCHDOWN!

...."In a game, there's situations you have to overcome, and all night long we didn't do a good job of overcoming those things, and that's something we've done all year."

Well at least one person somewhat gets it.

In the offseason, 31 teams will be back at the drawing board, evaluating what they need to do to knock off the Steelers in the fall. After the postseason they just had, Mike Pereira and the NFL's crew of officials would be wise to take a long, hard look at themselves. It's a real shame when, on the game's biggest stage, the major players aren't players at all. We saw too much of the third team in Super Bowl XL and not enough Seahawks and Steelers.

What a slap in the face to both teams. Both teams played a very good and entertaining game and both teams gave it all they had. PIT had it's share of mistakes, droped passes, penalties, etc, but THEY OVERCAME THEM. Hell, Ben almost threw the game away with his 2nd INT, but did he give up NO, big difference between him and Hassleback, and you could see it in how Hassleback was acting. The 24 year old 2 year NFL "vet" had more nerves than he did.

Oh and how many field goals where missed on the SEA side?

DC8 Flyer said:
Both teams played a very good and entertaining game .

This one comment simply negates every other argument you made in that lengthy post. This was undoubtably, and by all accounts (except for a few die-hard Steelers fans) one of the least entertaining, poorly played and overall dull Super Bowls ever. All the major sports outlets and majority of fans agree.

The fact that you saw it as a "very good and entertaining game" means your vision was severely clouded and therefore so are all of your arguments.

End of story.:rolleyes:

flx757 said:
This one comment simply negates every other argument you made in that lengthy post. This was undoubtably, and by all accounts (except for a few die-hard Steelers fans) one of the least entertaining, poorly played and overall dull Super Bowls ever. All the major sports outlets and majority of fans agree.

The fact that you saw it as a "very good and entertaining game" means your vision was severely clouded and therefore so are all of your arguments.

End of story.:rolleyes:

I agree this will be known as

Super Bowl XL*

*= poor, dull, fixed.

Nothing to brag about that is for sure....

Dave B

Secret behind-the-scenes photo from Super Bowl XL...

steelerref.jpg

DC8 flyer...

I didnt expect anything less than what you posted..Seems the Steeler fans are gonna argue this to their grave, while the rest of the NFL fans, not just Seahawk fans know what really happened and can face it...

Whats bad for you Steeler fans is this stigma of the terrible calls will follow this game for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng longgggggggggggggggg time...

Maybe they should change their name to the stealers. After all they stole the title from the SeaHawks. I don't know if I could sleep at night knowing that I may not have won the game free and clear! Cheers!

The plays that I saw as wrongly called (not questionable, just wrong);

1. No Call on Horse Collar, would have given SEA a first down after the penalty. Ref wasn't 10 feet from the play and was not obscured.

2. Ben's touchdown was about to be spotted correctly when the ref gave, and I do mean in the Santa Clause kind of way, a touchdown to him because he managed to stretch the ball in about 2 to 3 seconds after the play was whistled dead. The replay clearly showed the ball 6 inches behind the goal line.

3. The pass interference in the end zone was not pass intereference. The ball was still in the QB's hands, that makes it illegal contact, if that. Don't miss that the defender has holding the arm of the receiver before the push off.

4. A holding call that brought the ball back from the 2 yard line that was just a normal good block. Hands where inside the shoulder pads and he didn't grab the jersey. Text book perfect.

Every Super Bowl has something it is remembered for. Super Bowl XL will be remembered for being the poorest performance by the officiating crew.

BTW...I may be the only one who could care less if the over hyped/under producing Bettis got to play at home in the Super Bowl. So what?!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back