Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ksu_aviator said:
The plays that I saw as wrongly called (not questionable, just wrong);

1. No Call on Horse Collar, would have given SEA a first down after the penalty. Ref wasn't 10 feet from the play and was not obscured.

Ill give you that one, I was cringing on that play, though for sure it was going ahead 10 yards.

2. Ben's touchdown was about to be spotted correctly when the ref gave, and I do mean in the Santa Clause kind of way, a touchdown to him because he managed to stretch the ball in about 2 to 3 seconds after the play was whistled dead. The replay clearly showed the ball 6 inches behind the goal line.

Again, it doesnt matter where Ben landed, the ball broke the plane while been was "in flight", thats a TD, you don't loose yardage by being knocked backwards, it is from the point of contact.

3. The pass interference in the end zone was not pass intereference. The ball was still in the QB's hands, that makes it illegal contact, if that. Don't miss that the defender has holding the arm of the receiver before the push off.

You need to go read the rules, offensive pass interference rules start from the snap.

4. A holding call that brought the ball back from the 2 yard line that was just a normal good block. Hands where inside the shoulder pads and he didn't grab the jersey. Text book perfect.

Every Super Bowl has something it is remembered for. Super Bowl XL will be remembered for being the poorest performance by the officiating crew.

BTW...I may be the only one who could care less if the over hyped/under producing Bettis got to play at home in the Super Bowl. So what?!

Now your true colors are showing, it's obvious that all of you "hating" the Steelers aren't football fans, but wrather the crowd that always comes down on the winning team.

If SEA had won, you know clock management, not giving the ball back to the Steelers on the 35 and 40 yard lines after missed FG (FOR NO REASON IT WAS INDOORS!), everyone would be praising the game on how well it was played. But since the Steelers did what they do best, played a great game of TEAM football, they won and now everyone is looking for excuses. PIT got there fair share of "bad calls" and overcame ON THE ROAD, just like SEA was in Detroit. Nobody likes the Steelers for whatever reason, never could figure that out, I guess they don't fit the bandwagon jumping personna that other teams have (can you say Dallas). But to try to hang calls on the Steelers and tarnishing their earned SuperBowl win really shows the class of most sports writers and Sunday afternoon fans.

Once again, the only people who seem to think this game was legit are Steelers fans...

What is ironic about this whole thing is that during the Colts game you guys were almost completely robbed of, the sports community was freaking out because they couldnt believe what they saw...That game was just as badly called as this super bowl. Only difference is that the Steelers this time were on the other side of the fence. How is it you can see the Colts game was a joke, but the Super Bowl wasnt? Now come on, Steelers fan or not, any fan of the NFL could see what happened there.

Your Steelers in fact did NOT do what they do best and you know that...That had to be the worst performance the Steelers have put up all year with Ben in the line-up..I cant see how you can say your team played well in that game..have you looked at the stats you put up in that game compared to other games your team played in the regular season?! This was not the same team that rolled over the AFC in the playoffs...It was a sub-par performance at best...

Funny how also Steelers fans are saying anyone else who isnt a Steelers fan, or has anything to say about what happened has no class...its getting funnnier and funnier by the minute...

Last edited:
It seems I should have bought stock in kleenex for all this crying.

Boo Hoo. Whine all you want, the Steelers will still be Superbowl Champs and Seahawk fans can show their true teal colors and cry that they were robbed.

Poor babies.

Funny...

I am not a Seahawks fan, and it appears its a good chunk of NFL fans that are having a fit...

Latest resources

Back