• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: : to TWAdude

TWA Dude said:

*sigh*
No one stands against defending the cockpit. What you can't understand is how a gun will cause more problems and difficulties than it's worth.

Enigma, I'm going to let you in on a secret: from the get-go my opinion has been that guns in the cockpit would be more nuisance than benefit, yet I won't actively oppose it. I just don't feel that strongly about it. 'Nuff said.

Regards

I don't have the time that you obviously do to spend typing on the computer. Hence, I sometimes put my foot in my mouth as I rush through something. I popped off in my original post and I have appologized. If you won't accept what I put in writing, that's up to you.

Again, #1, I did apologize for labeling you. #2. I will continue to oppose illogical arguments. #3. I've already stated, well before you ever jumped into the fray, that I have the same concerns about implementation that you do. What I oppose is the continual mindset that I see from you that guns cause more problems than the solve. I think that position is provably incorrect.

I'll let you in on the obvious. You have not missed any chances to oppose the arming of pilots. Run a search and count the number of posts that you have made on the subject. Ditto for whether or not you feel strongly about it.

until next week

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: : to TWAdude

enigma said:
I'll let you in on the obvious. You have not missed any chances to oppose the arming of pilots. Run a search and count the number of posts that you have made on the subject. Ditto for whether or not you feel strongly about it.

You misunderstand me: we're not the decision makers here. I am opposed to the idea but I've no intention of contacting lawmakers or picketing or otherwise bothering myself extensively to stop anything in motion.

I think the principle is pretty simple, and I trust that he deatails will be worked out.

The fact is that screening alone cannot be depended on. There are too many innovations that could possibly bypass screening (or catering, cleaning, maintenance, contract fueling- you name it).

The other fact is that sure as hell, something will eventually be tried again. If you are content to let the "common strategy II" be the last defense of our plane, passengers and selves, that's your problem, but it doesn't have to be all of ours.

If there is a secure installation, and proper training, there is no reason why we can't have a locked fiream in the cockpit. This is not your father's Oldsmobile, TWA.

Latest resources

Back