Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
still did not answer the question

DaveGriffin and Pilotyip,

Did either of you even go to Navy? If not, then please....shut the BLEEP up! Quit living your lives as "on-line" imposters/wannabees. If you wanted to go to Annapolis, perhaps you should have studied a little harder for your SAT's while you were in high school....:p

The only reason Navy won that game was do to sheer buffoonery on the part of Special Teams. 4 Turnovers resulting in 24 Navy points. Navy didn't win the game....Air Force just lost it.

Now, all that being said, the only time I root against Navy is when they are playing my alma matter. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your season - particularly against Notre Dame!

BeeVee
You did not answer the questions, next thing I will hear is that fighter pilots are the only kind of pilots. BTW My SAT's were just fine.

Your right BeeVee. AF lost because of buffoonery...for the last 6 years.

They managed their special teams and the game like they are managing their tanker contract.

The F-22 guys were so late for their fly over they didn't even show up at half time for the traditional crew introduction. The finally got introduced to the crowd at the end of the 3rd quarter.

First of all, from someone in the know. The F-22s were not late for the flyover. They were asked to change their profile the day prior. The performed a slow flight profile until over the stadium, went full A/B to a max performance climb.

Second, they were asked by the Superintendent to be introduced prior to the 4th quarter. Aircrews are not typically introduced at the games.

As far as the game. AF - 411 total yds Navy 244 total yds. AF had two blocked punts that went for Navy tds. The special teams play killed AF and they didn't deserve the win. Congrats to a good Navy team.

I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your season - particularly against Notre Dame!

BeeVee

Now I've got to disagree with you there. I pretty much didn't count on my Fighting Irish winning more than 1 game last year, but I was hoping that we could keep that streak alive. Hopefully another 40+ years would be nice.

Official Heisman count:
USAFA: 0
Navy: 2
Army: 3

(Notre Dame: 7)

Proof that USAFA and Annapolis Grads can accomplish great things when they work together...The San Antonio Spurs NBA Championship (Gregg Popovich--USAFA 1970, and David Robinson--USNA 1987)

***Can't we all just get along? Go Steelers!

First of all, from someone in the know. The F-22s were not late for the flyover. They were asked to change their profile the day prior. The performed a slow flight profile until over the stadium, went full A/B to a max performance climb.

Second, they were asked by the Superintendent to be introduced prior to the 4th quarter. Aircrews are not typically introduced at the games.

As far as the game. AF - 411 total yds Navy 244 total yds. AF had two blocked punts that went for Navy tds. The special teams play killed AF and they didn't deserve the win. Congrats to a good Navy team.

If that’s the case, why did the announcer intro the F-22s when the Zoomies took the field and then nothing for 10 seconds or so? That’s not the way it’s done. We have all seen Academy flyovers many times before.

It was a screw-up. No excuses can explain it away.
But here are two more for you to try:

1. Maybe the F-22s were doing a flyover for the Corona group that was in town as a way of saying farewell to the USAF leadership who was fired for constantly pushing the F-22 over warfighting assets that would actually win the war in Iraq & Afghanistan.

2. Or maybe the F-22s clocks got messed up again like the time they crossed the International Date Line. Navy guys are forward deployed all the time and used to expeditionary work. Our airwings and carriers cross the Atlantic and Pacific routinely to get close to the enemy and engage him. We don't get confused about time zones and "local apparent noon".

The Zoomie Quarterback was quoted as saying it was lucky Navy made it on the last 4th and 1 opportunity to run the clock out because he would have driven his team for the winning TD if he would have gotten the ball back. That's like saying the F-22 pilots are just as good as Navy pilots except they can't land on aircraft carriers at night.

Moving the aircrew intro to after 3rd qtr just shows how irrelevant the F-22 is that they spend the time and money for it to have a two-plane fly-by and then introduce it's aircrew after the "science fair" winners at Air Force High School between 3rd and 4th quarters.

The USAF has very cool (and expensive) airplanes for air shows and can do maneuvers with no tactical relevance (full A/B at low alt to max climb)..... but if time matters, they do not add much to the fight in losing football games or defeating Al Queda (never dropped a bomb yet.)

Last edited:
If that’s the case, why did the announcer intro the F-22s when the Zoomies took the field and then nothing for 10 seconds or so? That’s not the way it’s done. We have all seen Academy flyovers many times before.

It was a screw-up. No excuses can explain it away.
But here are two more for you to try:

1. Maybe the F-22s were doing a flyover for the Corona group that was in town as a way of saying farewell to the USAF leadership who was fired for constantly pushing the F-22 over warfighting assets that would actually win the war in Iraq & Afghanistan.

2. Or maybe the F-22s clocks got messed up again like the time they crossed the International Date Line. Navy guys are forward deployed all the time and used to expeditionary work. Our airwings and carriers cross the Atlantic and Pacific routinely to get close to the enemy and engage him. We don't get confused about time zones and "local apparent noon".

The Zoomie Quarterback was quoted as saying it was lucky Navy made it on the last 4th and 1 opportunity to run the clock out because he would have driven his team for the winning TD if he would have gotten the ball back. That's like saying the F-22 pilots are just as good as Navy pilots except they can't land on aircraft carriers at night.

Moving the aircrew intro to after 3rd qtr just shows how irrelevant the F-22 is that they spend the time and money for it to have a two-plane fly-by and then introduce it's aircrew after the "science fair" winners at Air Force High School between 3rd and 4th quarters.

The USAF has very cool (and expensive) airplanes for air shows and can do maneuvers with no tactical relevance (full A/B at low alt to max climb)..... but if time matters, they do not add much to the fight in losing football games or defeating Al Queda (never dropped a bomb yet.)

Standard D. Griffin do%chebag rant - coming from a dude that has NEVER flown a jet, much less a tactical jet and has 0.0% credibility in the Navy...if he even is in the Navy (this coming from both the AF AND Navy fighter guys on this board).

However, in the spirit of Veteran's day - here's a toast to all the military pilots (many of my bro's) doing the J O B in the AOR - Navy, Army, and AF. And even more important, here's a toast to all the mil flyers that have paid the ultimate sacrifice...

However, in the spirit of Veteran's day - here's a toast to all the military pilots (many of my bro's) doing the J O B in the AOR - Navy, Army, and AF. And even more important, here's a toast to all the mil flyers that have paid the ultimate sacrifice...

Hey Scrap...

How about the rest of us...non-pilot types? We don't get a shout out? I have silver wings on my chest but they are of the enlisted type (USAF)...and even have a star above them!

Latest resources

Back