"Go-Jets" the new Freedom!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ash5855

Make no mistake about it. Go-jets is the new Freedom air!
I wondered why ALPA was taking so long to address this issue.
The facts are finally coming out and TSA management seems to be surpassing Ornstein in union-busting!!!

Fair Warning: No Pilot should touch Go-jets with a ten foot Pole!!!!

From the TSA VARS message

Fellow pilots,

This is Captain Dario Miranda with an urgent message to the pilots of Trans States Airlines on Thursday April 28, 2005.

As most of you know Captain Paul Hopkins, TSA Council 39 Chairman and Captain Rep, and Captain Jason Kagan, TSA MEC Grievance Chairman, were recently terminated. To that end, in a meeting yesterday the Executive Council of ALPA and Captain Duane Woerth unanimously agreed with our conclusion that these representatives were unjustly terminated for being effective union leaders. The Association has therefore decided to provide financial support to Captains Hopkins and Kagan while their grievances are pending.

The MEC has been silent on the Gojet issue for sometime as we were trying to employ every diplomatic strategy to come to a mutually acceptable resolution to this contentious issue. As a result of management’s disrespect for the union, the pilots of Trans States Airlines, and our hard work and sacrifice, diplomacy, not surprisingly, has thus far failed.

Gojet is a pariah alter ego. This airline is detrimental to our profession, our careers, and the industry as a whole. It is the product of a dishonorable management team. It is the absolute belief of the TSA MEC and ALPA that any flying allocated to Gojet belongs to the Trans States Pilots pursuant to our collective bargaining agreement.

As most of you know, management is attempting to dictate the bargaining representative and avoid ALPA at Gojet by engaging in a premature voluntary recognition of the Teamsters, even though there are no active pilots and no airline yet in existence at GoJet. This scheme, which has also involved a bogus attempt to certify the teamsters as the representative agent for Gojet pilots, based on the authorization cards submitted by just four management-selected pilots, is just one more evasive and dishonorable tactic that Trans States Management has resorted to in order to evade ALPA and avoid bargaining with your MEC. Thanks to the efforts of ALPA, this premature and inappropriate certification has been revoked.

Management has made it clear that the reason for the recognition of the Teamsters at Gojet is that they do not want to deal with ALPA.
From this we can surmise that this is due in large part to the successes we have achieved in defending the Trans States Pilots and their contractual rights.

As a demonstration of ALPA’s support for the Trans States Pilots the president of ALPA, Captain Duane Woerth, will be traveling to St. Louis on May 10, 2005 to speak directly to the pilots of Trans States Airlines. There were will be more information in the coming days with regard to the location and time of Captain Woerth’s appearance.

I would like to take this opportunity to urge all pilots to update their contact information with ALPA at crewroom.alpa.org. Thank you for listening and for your continued support.

Trans States has been the "Freedom Airlines" for the last five years. They have not done their part in maintaining a competitive contract, and their union is highly corrupt. I say let the Teamsters deal with their management group.

fuelflow said:
Trans States has been the "Freedom Airlines" for the last five years. They have not done their part in maintaining a competitive contract, and their union is highly corrupt. I say let the Teamsters deal with their management group.

thanks for sharing, jsmenkin, punch, eronyc or whatever name your hideing behind today.

?

I'm sorry. Let me correct that statement. TSA has a good contract and a union full of integrity.

Serously, anybody hear what the new Freedumb (Go-jet) payrates are going to be?

really low, less than TSA 50 rates, if history repeats itself the TSA union will do nothing about this whole thing and Transstates pilot will be scr$wed again!!

Do you have any proof that their union is corrupt? I happen to have a few buddies over there and the norm for management is to fire and intimidate at will. Firing two union officials in the middle of the battle? Who's corrupt here? It's my understanding that their MEC has overwhelming support from its pilot group. Would you support your MEC if you knew they were corrupt? I sure as hell wouldn't. The bottom line is still the same. Go Jet is an alter ego that further degrades this industry. Therefore, it is a problem that affects all of us and should not go unchallenged.

fuelflow said:
?

I'm sorry. Let me correct that statement. TSA has a good contract and a union full of integrity.

no, TSA has a middle of the road contract, which expires July 31 2006. I have full confidence in the elected union (ALPA) officials to reach a new agreement.

MINIME said:
The bottom line is still the same. Go Jet is an alter ego that further degrades this industry. Therefore, it is a problem that affects all of us and should not go unchallenged.

I completely agree.

If the TSA MEC is corrupt or the pilot group is divided, that is very unfortunate. It would only play into the hands of TSA management and help them in their quest to get their Whipsawing alter-ego off the ground.

Make no mistake about it. These types of situations effect us all. Mesa pilots paid a hefty price to get rid of the whipsaw freedumb was creating. As DCI pilots can now attest, That battle had consequences that are still rippling thru the regional industry.

Last edited:
The battle has just begun. The grand poobah himslef, Duane Woerth is coming to STL to address the TSA pilots specifically about the threat of Go-Jets. The greivance is just waiting for the 1st flight of Go-Jets.

Who knows, maybe this is just Hulas' way of forcing the TSA MEC to burn negotiating capital for the 2006 negotiations.

Either way, I plan on adding the names of Go-Jet pilots to the list of Freedom pilots that I have. You slimy little priks know what you are doing.

Latest resources

Back