• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GO JETS application Question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wana give me a job now? LOL It is what it is and I don't regret it I was just basically offered a job and it was because of both my flying experience and a college degree without one or the other I would have never been granted the opportunity I have sitting before me.

For you college degree nay-sayers....you can try to rationalize why a degree is worthless for a career pilot. A college education demonstrates the ability to start and finish a journey/mission which helps build character,strengthens human skills etc... all of which can aid you on life's journey which ultimately may not be in a cockpit. :(

Hell, according to pilotyip, maybe the regionals should do away with the High School requirement too. After all, what does a high school degree have to do with flying an airplane??????

Pilotyip is airline management, and he will always be looking for people who have a lower sense of self-worth. Yeah, $60K/yr is great for somebody with a HS education. $60K/yr for somebody with a 4-year degree is not great.

Last edited:
REsume info?

Pilotyip is airline management, $60K/yr for somebody with a 4-year degree is not great.
Hey can I use your endorsement on my resume seeing I have never held a Part 119 position? Just a thoughtful question. Merry Christmas wish the best for you next year, I have enjoyed trading barbs.

Pilotyip's right. Work while you get your ratings and then use your flying job to pay for college. It may take a few years more to get a degree but you'll get out of school without debt and a bunch of hours.

I don't think I've had anyone ask if I went to college, much less verify, at the regionals. They'll ask for it at the Majors. I know a few examples of people making well over 100k with 3000k sq houses with BMWs etc living pretty well with no degrees, just not at the majors.

But let's all be realistic, most at least from what I've seen of pilots that have been displaced after 10 20 years of flying the best they can do with the degree they earned back in the day is get a preferential hiring at Home Depot. A degree is just to check the box for us.

60K for a 4-year degree....?

Hell, try 15K after taxes and 3.5 months of prorated training pay in 2008 for someone with a Master's degree and currently working on an MBA only to get furloughed and make a whole 6K in 2009 flight instructing part time. Thank God I signed up for the MBA so my loans would go back into deferment.

60K for a 4-year degree....?

Hell, try 15K after taxes and 3.5 months of prorated training pay in 2008 for someone with a Master's degree and currently working on an MBA only to get furloughed and make a whole 6K in 2009 flight instructing part time. Thank God I signed up for the MBA so my loans would go back into deferment.

Are you still unemployed?

Latest resources

Back