• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GO JETS application Question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It works like this, a regional has flying for a few years, when some other company then takes over that flying or a chunk of it, they cry as if the flying was "theirs" in the first place and now it is being "stolen". In reality, it is just contract work and not flying "owned" by that company in any way.

But they do not care at all where the flying "really" came from or who it belonged to in the first place(mainline), or who lost a job or got downgraded because of it. But yet, when downgrades and furloughs happen at their company and they cry like a child in a sandbox whose toy has been taken away.

The 50 seater is dying, that is why TSA furloughed and downgraded. There are 1500+ United pilots furluoghed who would consider all regionals exactly the same.

And, in 2005, TSA should have got the planes on the property FIRST, then fought over the pay. The TSA MEC and the pilots played "chicken" with HK, and lost.... get them on the property first then worry about the pay, they played a game and lost.... oh well, live and learn.

And se1776, if you want to work for gojet, or just plain need a job, go for it. I would imagine it is pretty difficult right now with all the people needing jobs. And it will not hurt your career in the slightest, most of the original 2005 pilots have moved on to much better jobs(it did not hurt any of them in the slgihtest), unless you think Delta is a career ender I wouldnt worry about what these guys on here say. :)

Last edited:
Say what you want about SE1776....but he lit one heck of a fire. Reading this got me through 2 cocktails. Amazing how this flame was fanned.

Say what you want about SE1776....but he lit one heck of a fire. Reading this got me through 2 cocktails. Amazing how this flame was fanned.

That's the problem with pilots. Bunch of Alcoholics. when they screw up you blame everybody but themselves.

what a shame.

Has anyone heard this?

I got a call form a captain that works at Gulfstream International Airlines. They are getting ready to hire some Beech 1900 street captains.

they are going to get swamp with resumes.

I hope all of you 5000 don't follow me now.

Great international experience guys..

That's the problem with pilots. Bunch of Alcoholics. when they screw up you blame everybody but themselves.

what a shame.

Ah very nice SE. Coming from someone who probably graduated from Gulfstream Academy, washed out of Freedom before joining Great Lakes and is likely Jonathan Ornstein's love child....I'm not too hurt. Actually, I'm impressed....you communicated your feelings very clearly. It's just more proof Rosetta Stone does work.

I have to improve my grammar to work at Go Jets or Gulfstream Int'l.

They are going to be the next Majors like Republic or Mesa

Maybe if you put the bottle down and get your act together you might join me at those two great companies. maybe your dreams come true. just look at your

Curr Position: PT Desk, PT cockpit...full time looking for better.

you don't have to look any further with Go Jet Or Gulfstream Int'l.

It's not a bottle, it's a fire extinguisher. But really, I'm hoping that I too can one day get that illustrious position as a 172FO like you have listed. Maybe we can work together and hang out while watching old episodes of CHIPs. BRING IT ON!!!! LOL. Ok, I'm done here now...get back to your flaming..or whatever you do.

Rerouted
Alcoholics Anonymous: Are looking for pilots

I never seen so many alcoholics in my life, until I became a Proud Professional Pilot.

Lets get back to the original question guys.

Smart guy

College is one of those hoops you just need to jump through. Take it from me I just graduated today and if I could go back and not waste my time with it I wouldn't.
sounds like you got it figured out, it has nothing to do with flying an airplane. If a prospective pilots just loves flying airplanes, and would be happy making $70-$100K per year with no debt from college loans, a college degree is not necessary. Many prospective pilots may be steered into attending college when they are not college material, not because of a lack basic intelligence, but because it is not important to them. These pilots want to get on with their lives flying airplanes. I have seen too many non-degreed pilots reach a good career position with out a degree. But then my focus is on job satisfaction and not upon pay, respect, and prestige. It is about the joy of flying an airplane. Others out there may feel the same motivation I do. My advice is go to school part time or community college and fly, pilots get hired because they have flight time. Flt time moves you up the food chain to better jobs; the degree is not needed until the last step. You can go to school part time with a full time flying job, you cannot build real flight time while going to school full time. I have seen non-degreed guys go to the Nationals in their mid-20’s.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back