Go-Jet Application Form

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GogglesPisano said:
The problem is, how do we get this information to the cfi's at the pilot factories who will gladly take this job to "advance their career?"

ALPA should distribute literature to every non-ALPA pilot to make sure they are aware of the implications of working here.

This is how.....

To all CFIs coming up in this career, I do realize that it's easy for me to sit here and ask you not take a job at a carrier like Gojet and Freedom. However, the fact is that taking a job at these carriers deminishes your opportunities in the future as well as those of your peers. If you take a job there, you are contributing to reducing your wages, my wages, and that of every pilot in just about every corner of this industry. Not to mention, you're probably not going to be liked very much outside of your little circle. What does this mean? It could mean that you may not be able to be at the same places as other pilots such as crewrooms without being scrutinized. HMMMM...It could mean that you may not be able to use that so important PRIVILLAGE of jumpseating as much either.

I know how it is when you're sick and tired of instructing or even flying to minimums on that engine that keeps coughing. But there are better more reputable airlines you can apply to. Skywest, Eagle, EXJT, Comair, Air Whisky, Trans States (not Gojet), CHQ, even Mesa (no disrespect to Mesa pilots). I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. You get the picture, your options are NOT limited. Soooo..good luck with your decision making and best of luck with your career.

I guess I will have to stop talking to my furloughed buddies that went there, although, scabs they are not. Guess the appeal of regional FO wages wasn't any better than unemployment. Personally, I'm enjoying the furlough...

If your going to tell a guy/gal that they are contributing to lower wages by taking a GoJet job...you are a hipacrit! All of the regionals pay is dirt cheap and you are all guilty. It makes me sick that some of you beating your chest here so loudly are also the ones that PFT'd for that $20/hr job. The rooster has come home to roost.

falcon20driver said:
You know what is really crazy, I just interviewed for a Co-pilot position on a Beechjet flying charter 135 and the starting copilot salary is $42,000., and you are willing to fly 10 times more people around for less than 1/2 the pay.
You fail to mention how most 135 copilots are also quite abused for their 40k a year. Also, most 135 Captains make the same or less than a regional airline Captain. I too agree that regional wages should be better, but I certainly don't envy an overworked abused 135 copilot for making 40k a year.

Last edited:
GogglesPisano said:
The problem is, how do we get this information to the cfi's at the pilot factories who will gladly take this job to "advance their career?"

ALPA should distribute literature to every non-ALPA pilot to make sure they are aware of the implications of working here.

Why do people keep ragging on CFIs here? The first class was ALL furlough airline pilots. Maybe you should concetrat the warnings else ware?

FlyingFerris said:
Why do people keep ragging on CFIs here? The first class was ALL furlough airline pilots. Maybe you should concetrat the warnings else ware?

The sad thing is that they (furloughees) should know better.

Rottweiller said:
The sad thing is that they (furloughees) should know better.

And that's exactly why there should be no sympathy here. These aren't ignorant 300 hour pilots who just don't know better. These guys have been around the block and know that what they're doing is wrong. Anybody have a list yet?

Bankangle is absolutely right.

When the regional jets first showed up and started taking main-line flying, the pilots at the majors were complaining and saying that the regional pilots were killing the profession and getting paid way too little. The regional pilots called the main-line guys a bunch of overpaid whiners.

Now, the Freedoms and GoJets are coming in and taking the regional pilot's flying at a lower payscale and the regional pilots are complaining about them killing the profession and lowering the pay scales.

I find it kind of ironic that the pilots taking the GoJets jobs are furloughed main-line pilots - pilots who wouldn't be taking these jobs if the regionals hadn't come in and taken their jobs....

No right or wrong, just interesting to watch our entire profession go down in flames, and we are ALL equally responsible.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back