• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go-Jet Application Form

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not so sure about GoJets pay scale being lower and that being the sticking point. Some of my friend's that are also furloughees got in as Captains at $60/hr, which is more than what I started at as a Captain at Pinnacle. Not saying it is right, but the regionals are what they are, and I personally don't see any massive changes - they are doing more and more mainline flying at a lower cost. As long as the PFT outfits are there and all the CFI's are willing to take the regional FO jobs for peanuts, it won't get better.

TV9Driver said:
Bankangle is absolutely right.

When the regional jets first showed up and started taking main-line flying, the pilots at the majors were complaining and saying that the regional pilots were killing the profession and getting paid way too little. The regional pilots called the main-line guys a bunch of overpaid whiners.

Now, the Freedoms and GoJets are coming in and taking the regional pilot's flying at a lower payscale and the regional pilots are complaining about them killing the profession and lowering the pay scales.

I find it kind of ironic that the pilots taking the GoJets jobs are furloughed main-line pilots - pilots who wouldn't be taking these jobs if the regionals hadn't come in and taken their jobs....

No right or wrong, just interesting to watch our entire profession go down in flames, and we are ALL equally responsible.
You can blame that on your mainline MEC's and ALPA National for not giving a rat's arse about regional airlines or their salaries back when the regional jets first came into service.

Oh, and the line that RJ pilots were calling mainline guys a bunch of overpaid whiners is bullshish. Did you ever actually hear a RJ pilot say this? Or was it something that you came up with in your head?

Last edited:
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have a question. The Trans States pilots are upset at the Go Jet pilots for taking jobs for an alter ego set up for the purpose of GOING AROUND AA scope language for the 70 seat jet, and the TSA contract concerning an alter ego. They believe they should be doing the flying of those 70 seat aircraft by pilots on their senority list. If these statements are in fact the basis for the argument, I have a couple of questions.

1. Will the Trans States pilots fly those aircraft if/when the greivance that will/is going to be filed is settled in their favor?

2. Why is it different that it will then be Trans States pilots who are now GOING AROUND AA SCOPE rather than Go Jet pilots?

3. So it's o.k. if someone goes around someone elses contract, as long is it's not your contract thats getting sidestepped.

I just feel there is something wrong with this whole thing when ALPA is up in arms to save the TSA guys from Go Jet but screw the APA contract.
And in case anyone is wondering, I am NOT at Go Jet or TSA. I am a furloughed pilot and I am not management. I'm sure some of the AA guys are wondering the same thing as I am. Maybe they should start denying the j.s to anyone who flys a plane with the AA paint on it. I'm trying to figure out how you determine what "your" flying is.
Let the FLAMES begin, but I don't care ,I'm busy cashing my unemployment check.

Glideslope! said:
3. So it's o.k. if someone goes around someone elses contract, as long is it's not your contract thats getting sidestepped.

While I understand and pretty much agree with the point you're trying to make, one thing about the comment I quoted is that no matter what your feelings may be about someone else's contract being sidestepped, when your own company takes such an obvious step to get around your contract, I think you have a right to be upset.

The 70 seat planes aren't being flown for AA anyway, so I don't know why the AA pilots would care one way or the other. The real issue is the alter ego carrier, not the scope. The TSA management claims the reason for the alter ego is to get around scope, but they refuse to cooperate with the union and use the TSA seniority list to do the flying. This creates basically the same situation as Freedom Air...its a way to get around the union and the contract with TSA pilots.

You guys may be right. I don't know the real reason the company is being created. I just can't see how ALPA can tell the pilots for the majors that they are going to defend the proffession while D.W. shakes his fist in the air, and at the same time show up at a TSA rally and shake his fist in the air about how he is going to grow TSA. Grow TSA at the expense of who? United, American, American Eagle? The capacity WILL come from somewhere. Who the "somewhere" is this time is the only change in the same old battle. Somebody WILL be flying 70 seat jets for United. If it's not Go Jet it will STILL NOT be TSA as things stand right now.

How many different airlines fly A/C painted like united?
That my friends is the real problem. We are arguing about how to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

[QUOTE

How many different airlines fly A/C painted like united?
That my friends is the real problem. We are arguing about how to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.[/QUOTE]

That is the most profound and correct statement I have heard since I got into this mess. That kind of hit my like a load of bricks. I'm going to go play my violin now until it goes under.........................what's the number to that truck driving school, Mav?

Not trying to Flamebait here, but I do have a question. I saw the the TSA video with DW. . Since this flying is going to occur anyway (hence the formation of Go Jets), why not have the mainline carrier readdress scope clauses so that an ALPA regional i.e. TSA retains this flying? Seems to me a win - win for ALPA. Not trying to tick anybody off/ just hoping to be educated here.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back