GNSxLS GPS app

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GravityHater

When doing a GPS approach in this FMS, the screen shows "HP" holding pattern which is depicted on the IAP. When the approach is selected, it flies past the IAF twice as expected then to the airport.
IF you needed to do several turns in the HP to lose altitude or for ATC, how would you tell it to 'stay in the hold; don't head to the runway'?

I've never been in that exact situation, but I think if you highligh 'Auto' down at the bottom of the screen and hit the back button to switch it the 'Man' it will stay in the hold until you switch it back to auto or go direct something.

Scott

sstearns2 is exactly right. Selecting "Man" is like selecting "OBS" on a Garmin GPS.

well, not exactly. Selecting 'MAN' on the GNS simply stops the unit from automatically sequencing through the waypoints in the flight plan as you pass over them.

cool. Thanks.
Practiced it airborne last week (couldn't figure it out) and want to know how to do it in case we get it for real.

Wish I could find a GPS approach in the GNS simulator I downloaded... anyone seen one?

sstearns2 said:
well, not exactly. Selecting 'MAN' on the GNS simply stops the unit from automatically sequencing through the waypoints in the flight plan as you pass over them.
Isn't that what was asked? They didn't want it to sequence anymore...selecing "MAN" will prevent it from sequencing.

So if I leave it in auto, it will leave the fix on the second passage and head to the airport.
If I select manual it will spin the airplane until I select auto?
Thanks a lot.

Latest resources

Back