Globals, Globals could it be???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flex*wife

Ok -- I am the first one to admit when I am wrong. And I'm still not convinced that Flexjet isn't up to something sneaky come the fall... But all the rumors of Globals and initial training slots got to me to doing some research and maybe this isn't quite the find I think it is, but check this link out I have for you:

http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi?pass=133956467&ref=-&mtd=41&cgi=%2Fcgi-bin%2Fnph-search_nnr&var=0&buf=66&src=_landings%2Fpages%2Fsearch_nnr-multi.html&pattern1=zz&fld_nr1=23&max_ret=100&start_ret=1

If I am reading correctly the link proves there are 5 completed Bomabrdier Global aircraft registered on the common flexjet holding pattern of ZZ to the Waterview address. (I can explain later how this is a common pattern for those of you who want to argue) Also given Flexjets patterns for tn fleet assigning, it fits the pattern since 200-600 are already in use by other Flex fleets and Fedex uses 700-900 for their stuff. The only things left are single and 100s.

Is it just me or isn't this GREAT NEWS? Could it be they were able to work out some long term contracts that will assure the financial viability of bringing Globals on board?

At a crew staffing of 4.5 crewmembers per a/c, that still accounts for less than half of the rumored initial slots come September. So maybe the others are for crew swaps by seniority and maybe maybe some recalls I pray...

While I am not trying to get anyone's hopes up and have NO idea if I am even close to being right, I hope this is a positive sign that maybe FR and DG (and of course the other guy I can never remember his name) are making some great calls that will allow the company to prosper. Also regarding the big wig visit in August -- would make sense that big wigs would come to Flexjet HQ for a big announcement. Hehe - I'm giddy.

All that said and I'm sure I will get slammed for this by some of you: especially if it looks like Flexjet will be able to remain viably competative, especially if you are adding yet another fleet to the menu, especially when seniority, scheduling and pay issues will become more complex, YOU GUYS NEED A VOICE AT THE TABLE. As great as some of the guys on the CAB are, you need a voice that that HAVE to listen to. That doesn't mean relationships have to get contentious or unfair to either side. It just means you are setting up a situation where everyone can be happy. SO I still say Union Yea!

Good job.

It would be nice to see some new aircraft. It would be even nicer to see some recalls. I'm afraid that all this will do is once again distract everybody from the real issues at flex. Most of the pilots will be busy kissing ass to get a global spot and as we all know once again nothing will change.

Without recalls and major changes they might as well get A380s.

I'm thinking if this is true, recalls might be possible. Fingers crossed.

Well, that would be great news,,,but,,,,

There seems to be a number of aircraft registered to the Waterview address, regularly flown according to Flight Aware, and not flown by Flexjet crews. They don't seem to be aircraft in flux, between sales, etc.

So, I don't know what anything means anymore.

Hung

There seems to be a number of aircraft registered to the Waterview address, regularly flown according to Flight Aware, and not flown by Flexjet crews. They don't seem to be aircraft in flux, between sales, etc.

Hung

That is because without a contract in place to protect your job, the company can set up any little sh1tty company they want, register the plane to that company. Hire inexperienced captain america and fly YOUR owners.

And people wonder why we have unions.....it is because the company is crying for help to fight it's own disease.

Hung

Can you give some tn examples? I have exceeded my level of sluething in the first post so some help would be appreciated.

Back in the day when deliveries were happening every month almost I kept pretty close tabs on the registries and reservations. There was a very steady pattern of zz's transferring to fx's. I think with a little effort you can dug thru the transfer logs month by month on the FAA webpage but I have a pretty clear recollection of this...

Since I do not have bluebelly access I can't, but maybe someone should just ask there for some clarification on planes flying without flex crews that are registered to either bjs or bf at the waterview addy. Maybe ask about globals too...

Since I do not have bluebelly access I can't

Are you still pretending to be the wife of a flex pilot :)

Years ago when we did get globals, then not, how far ahead of time did they tell the pilot group? I think that if we were as close as planes in paint scheme, the news would have leaked. they would need to make manuals, get a training program together, and so on

Last edited:
Years ago when we did get globals, then not, how far ahead of time did they tell the pilot group? I think that if we were as close as planes in paint scheme, the news would have leaked. they would need to make manuals, get a training program together, and so on

That is my thinking also. There is no way to keep this kind of thing quite.

Also let's think about this for a minute. In the middle of the biggest global financial melt down in that last 60 yrs, with people losing billions of dollars of wealth, they are going to bring a BIG business jet into the fold. I'm sorry timing seems all wrong. When you see one with FX on the tail and one of your crews at the controls, I will believe it then.

I also am not buying the wife act.

I had heard a recall of 20 pilots from a pretty reliable source recently. I also wonder if we're maybe thinking about ditching the 60 fleet. It's deader than dead, and we could put those fellas to work in our parked 40-45's. It beats a furlough, and has got to be better than bobbing for apples in the lav of a 60.

Latest resources

Back