• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Global express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for the total time to fly one...I think the answer is insurance. Most corporate guys don't go through a 121 training program to fly their corporate airplane....

Not sure that i grasp the point you are trying to make with this statement. I assist with recruiting and hiring at my company (Fortune 150) and I can tell you that just about every resume we see has more than enough total time listed. We are looking for a certain type of individual. Corporate flying (esp. internationally) is drastically different from the regionals.

Mercury said:
Not sure that i grasp the point you are trying to make with this statement. I assist with recruiting and hiring at my company (Fortune 150) and I can tell you that just about every resume we see has more than enough total time listed. We are looking for a certain type of individual. Corporate flying (esp. internationally) is drastically different from the regionals.

I was reffering to his question about how people can get hired to fly an RJ with 50 hours of multi-time. Since they go through an extremely regimented training program, I believe is what allows that.

I mean that if an individual showed up in your office with 50 hours of piston-multi time then they would probably be uninsurable. Thats all....

True, they would definaltey be uninsurable. As for getting hired with 50 hours of ME time...well thats a whole different discussion. Its hard to believe that less than ten years ago, you had to have a min 1500 TT and 200-300 ME to even be competative at most commuters, and that was for a job in the 1900 or EMB120. Different state of affairs in the industry today.Best of luck to you!

Merc

Last edited:
Different frames, engines, avionics, and a higher level of automation. I am not sure if it is the same wing or not. The boss expects the plane and the crew to be ale to go anywhere at anytime (knowledge base of the crews and capabilities of the aircraft), and will compensate accordingly (hopefully).

The Global's wing and center fuselage section are made for Bombardier by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in Nagoya Japan, the same people that brought you the MU-2 and the Diamond Jet.

GV

The Global's wing and center fuselage section are made for Bombardier by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in Nagoya Japan, the same people that brought you the MU-2 and the Diamond Jet.

GV
So-GV, answer the question. Is it the same wing or not?
Mistubishi Heavy- they also produced the G300 wing which kicks the snot out of the Gulfstream G-200 wing. What's your point? Are you really comparing the aerodynamics of the MU-2 and Beechjet wing to the Global wing? How about the G-100, G-150? Age 60 is closer than you think, GV.

Last edited:

GV

I doubt that's a derogatory comment on the capabilities of MHI. They build lots of components for lots of aircraft. They assembled F-4's, 104's and F-15's for the JASDF.

If you want to make a negative comment about MHI building GLEX components, you might say "garbage in, garbage out". ;)

rod f.--As you can tell, corporate aviation as well at the aircraft used is very different from the airline counterpart. The GLEX has to have a different wing to cruise at M84-85 for the distances it does. It has engines from the same family as the Boeing 717--a much different animal than the CRJ7/9

Basically it boils down to this: CRJ--made to carry a lot of people a little distance. GLEX--made to carry a few people a long way. TC

Mistubishi Heavy- they also produced the G300 wing which kicks the snot out of the Gulfstream G-200 wing. What's your point? Are you really comparing the aerodynamics of the MU-2 and Beechjet wing to the Global wing? How about the G-100, G-150? Age 60 is closer than you think, GV.

What an asinine post.

If you had been in aviation long enough to have seen both an RJ and a Global, you'd know that the Global wingspan is about 15 feet greater than even a CRJ 900 and couldn't possibly be the same wing.

It's pretty clear that GVFlyer's post is intended to clarify that the Global wing is not the same as the RJ wing and to point out that the builder of the Global wing is also responsible for the manufacture of two seriously flawed aircraft.

Muddy

Is a global express basically a crj-900 with a fancy interior and longer legs? If so, how come the global is one the harder jobs to get but if you have a pulse and 50 ME you can fly an RJ commuter anywhere? Discuss.

A passenger in an RJ paid $200(average) for his seat.
A passenger in a Global paid $45,000,000(average) for his seat.

Are you more confused that it is hard to get a Global job or that it is easy to get a RJ job.

Why is it hard to get an F16 job(small single engine jet) and so easy to get an RJ job(larger multiengine jet).

To say a Global job and RJ job have anything in common is insulting to both. Discuss.

Just because you can fly an airplane doesn't mean you should!

Hmmmm....don't know GV too well, but after seeing some of his posts about aerodynamics on another site, and considering what he does for a living, I think he probably knows what he's talking about-- just a hunch--

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back