• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Global express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the military, I flew a test flight series for source selection in the Beechjet 400. Among other deficiencies, it had pronounced Dutch roll characteristics which interacted in phase with turbulence. The narrow chord spoileron system used for differential roll control adversely affected aircraft stall characteristics and single-engine capabilities.

GV

Yes it does a very good job of dutch rolling -- only when the yaw dampner is inop though.
While it may not have the best of wings -- I do like my little Beechjet. Those wings have carried me through pretty rough stuff over the years and I was never too skeerd worry about the wing falling apart, now that wet spot that it created on the seat is another story. :erm: :laugh:

Yes it does a very good job of dutch rolling -- only when the yaw dampner is inop though.
While it may not have the best of wings -- I do like my little Beechjet. Those wings have carried me through pretty rough stuff over the years and I was never too skeerd worry about the wing falling apart, now that wet spot that it created on the seat is another story. :erm: :laugh:

Ha ha-- so that's what that is!--LOL yeah, the Beechjet is quite interesting w/o the yaw dampner--

The Global Express is a good airplane! I love that airplane!

And your qualifications to make this assessment are what?

GVFlyer listed some pretty good reasons why the Global is not a good airplane from a test flight he and some engineers did.

This thread is something else. You have JonJuan making moronic posts, some guy that thinks he is better qualified to evaluate the Beechjet than the 4950th Test Wing at Wright Pat AFB and a gang of people who think the RJ and the Global use the same wing!

SS

...and SS who slams FA Hello Kitty for not being "qualified" to love the Global...

RTFQ squid. Apparently reading comprehension is not much of a priority in the Navy.

I asked about qualifications to pronounce the Global a good airplane despite overwhelming evidence posted here to the contrary. Her emotions about the airplane are her own business.

SS

OK SS, you stuck your nose in this thread with nothing more than a bitch. Why don't you illuminate us with your wisdom instead of insults. Dick.

OK SS, you stuck your nose in this thread with nothing more than a bitch. Why don't you illuminate us with your wisdom instead of insults.

And your contribution to this thread has been exactly what?

I remember studying name calling and labeling as social weapons and elements of psychological warfare back at the Springs. Educators generally assert that those behaviors are normally associated with grade school children.

I choose to think that they are the last refuge of the ignorant.

SS

I remember studying name calling and labeling as social weapons and elements of psychological warfare back at the Springs. Educators generally assert that those behaviors are normally associated with grade school children.

SS

Touché, SeaSpray!

GV

RTFQ squid.

SS
No kidding GV-touche, touche, indeed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back