Global express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rod farva

Is a global express basically a crj-900 with a fancy interior and longer legs? If so, how come the global is one the harder jobs to get but if you have a pulse and 50 ME you can fly an RJ commuter anywhere? Discuss.

Is a global express basically a crj-900 with a fancy interior and longer legs? If so, how come the global is one the harder jobs to get but if you have a pulse and 50 ME you can fly an RJ commuter anywhere? Discuss.

If flying a C-172 paid $200K a year, it would be one of the "harder jobs to get."

Because the people in the back expect more, and are willing to pay more. Not to mention there are not that many of them flying around. Also, I believe the global is a different aircraft from the CRJ.

Different frames, engines, avionics, and a higher level of automation. I am not sure if it is the same wing or not. The boss expects the plane and the crew to be ale to go anywhere at anytime (knowledge base of the crews and capabilities of the aircraft), and will compensate accordingly (hopefully).

I believe there is very little in common between a CRJ and a Global except for the Bomb. name. Now, the 604 and CRJ have similiar systems in common (according to our DM an ex RJ mech.) and they do not share the same type rating.

I was doing CL-65 sim at Bomb. once upon a time and made it in to the Glex sim for a bit, totally different airplane from what I could tell.

RJ are regional. Never heard of one going on a 3 week trip to Asia, Europe, or south america. You get on a global u can expect to carry more than ur airline flight bag. Africa is a little different then O'hare

From what I understand the global is a totally different animal. We recently did a pilot demo in the global 5000, which for all practical purposes is the same as it's big brother. The wing is incredible and not the same wing as the RJ, it's capable of much higher cruise speeds compared to the RJ. Include autothrottles, hud, IRU's and other goodies up front. Slightly dated avionics, but it's no RJ

Have worked pretty closely with a Global operator out of Boston. Great airplane, and VERY different than an RJ. Essentially its a 100X100 ft airplane with a drastically different wing, drastically different field performance and bigger engines.

As for the total time to fly one...I think the answer is insurance. Most corporate guys don't go through a 121 training program to fly their corporate airplane....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back