Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
S

sunlitpath

Being on reserve for the last 2 years wore me out. I'll make nearly the same money and I'll have tremendous control over my schedule and lifestyle. No more calling after every trip. Weekends and holidays will mean something again. My wife and my dog will recognize me again. Hey scheduling, kiss my butt, I am turning off my phone...

Being on reserve for the last 2 years wore me out. I'll make nearly the same money and I'll have tremendous control over my schedule and lifestyle. No more calling after every trip. Weekends and holidays will mean something again. My wife and my dog will recognize me again. Hey scheduling, kiss my butt, I am turning off my phone...

Great minds think alike......... unfortunately fools never differ! Still going to be good though

No kidding. About the only happy people on an airline seniority list are senior FOs. Nothing to worry about as SIC with the best schedules. Unless you're one of those people that is not happy unless you're PIC.... plenty of them around.

Amen Brother!

Only asking casue I am curious. What company has a pay scale that an FO makes nearly the same amount of coin as a capt? Do you have to have that many bid hours to make up the difference of capt reserve min pay?

Trust me, I believe QOL is more important and if not sitting on reserve is the happy part then how cool. Have a known schedule is great. Back in the day when I sat reserve (2 1/2 months) as a captain I did know what my days of work were and were not. The sitting at the crashpad saw a lot of Jerry Springer and running.

Good luck bro!!!

Captains on reserve rarely get more than 75 hrs, even if you select "call me first". As a senior FO, I can get 90 to 100 hrs credit per month through various measures. It's a little more work with significantly more control. Sometimes it's not even more work, because senior FOs can pick up high credit trips with ease. FOs that I flew with over the past two years often flew similar "Block Time" as me, but ended up with way more credit, 15 to 25 hrs more...

Captains on reserve rarely get more than 75 hrs, even if you select "call me first". As a senior FO, I can get 90 to 100 hrs credit per month through various measures. It's a little more work with significantly more control. Sometimes it's not even more work, because senior FOs can pick up high credit trips with ease. FOs that I flew with over the past two years often flew similar "Block Time" as me, but ended up with way more credit, 15 to 25 hrs more...

I'm taking the same pay cut as you...and you're full of crap! I'm on pace to gross $73,000 this year. Not a chance I'll make that as an FO. Will I have more schedule control? Sure....But it's still a roughly $15,000 pay cut. But since you're gonna make so much, maybe you can send a little my way for the mortgage? You know, since you got extra.

The freedom I will gain in scheduling will allow me to make up a measley $15,000 a year, through other work and financial pursuits. You do not strike me as being that creative or energetic, and I am not paying your mortgage. Who do you think I am, Barack Yo mama?

Latest resources

Back