GLA training not PRIA reportable?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

7574EVER

Alright everybody I got a good ole' fashion FlightInfo debate for ya.

I've heard that since a person is not payed during training at Great Lakes and they are not technically an employee until passing the checkride...that a failure during the training program or a complete washout is not reportable to the PRIA system. So, if someone were to wash out of training they would never have to technically report that they had been previously part of the GLA training program and won't have to explain much more than a gap in their employment history during future interviews.

Truth?

Discuss......

We are not payed at XJT during training and are not employees until we pass the ride either, but as far as I know everything is still reported to PRIA. I would assume its the same at every airline but could be wrong.

Sounds like wishful thinking. Actually given their ridiculously high failure rate, I would consider taking a job at GL to be evidence of poor judgement.

As far as I know all 121 training is reportable...never heard even a rumor otherwise. Is GL accountable to the FAA for the quality and record keeping of that training per 121? Yes....so of course it's reportable.

How will anyone ever know about it if you dont tell them? If you dont tell the next employer, they wont be sending a PRIA form to GLA, right?

They report, have gotten several copies of it myself.

If you are not up to it, don't apply.

Lakers RULE.... and suck all at the same time in a rather charming dichotomy.

Alright everybody I got a good ole' fashion FlightInfo debate for ya.

I've heard that since a person is not payed during training at Great Lakes and they are not technically an employee until passing the checkride...that a failure during the training program or a complete washout is not reportable to the PRIA system. So, if someone were to wash out of training they would never have to technically report that they had been previously part of the GLA training program and won't have to explain much more than a gap in their employment history during future interviews.

Truth?

Discuss......

The reportability period for the PRIA is 5 years, but I am with rick on this one, if you are dumb enough to go to a company without throughly researching them you got what you deserve.

Latest resources

Back