GJ sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
So wise one... They haven't crossed any picket line and they admittedly ARE NOT operating in any violation to the CURRENT TSA scope clause. So what this boils down to is that they just get paid less than what you'd be willing to fly the CRJ-700 for... Sounds like this is more your problem than theirs. Don't you think you should be angy with TSA management ??? If that's the case quit your job at TSA and go to work somewhere else where you'd be happier.

Are not operating in violation of scope? Who admitted that? I guess you haven't read the contract TSA has have you, Oh One Who Likes To Attach Titles.. It appearred rather clear in the contract but I guess I don't have a 10 year law degree either.
The only thing I am annoyed with is the guys that continually want to defend these guys ecspecially if they don't have a dog in the fight.
I don't hate any of those guys, I don't hate management, I don't hate those who defend them. This a game that has been played for as long as there have been employers and employees. It sucks but thats how it is played. Those guys taking heat for happening is part of the game too, they knew it when they took the job.

TiredOfTeaching said:
Are not operating in violation of scope? Who admitted that?

At least a couple TSA pilots that have replied to my posts... Here's one example...

210FR8DOG said:
h25b- that info. has been posted on here by myself and several others a long time ago. YOU ARE RIGHT. It does say Trans States Airlines, Inc. Which I along with many others here thought was the company we worked for. I had no idea there was a f'n Trans States Holdings. They don't tell you that sort of thing in the interview.

You don't have to read the contract to see the writing on the wall. Any other items you care to educate me on ??? :rolleyes:

I mean with your years of airline experience you must have something beyond simple playground anger to add to this discussion ??? My bet is that GJ eventually gets scoped in to TSA and the whole thing is over. CHQ had to fight the same battle.

Last edited:
h25b said:
At least a couple TSA pilots that have replied to my posts... Here's one example...

You don't have to read the contract to see the writing on the wall. Any other items you care to educate me on ??? :rolleyes:

I mean with your years of airline experience you must have something beyond simple playground anger to add to this discussion ??? My bet is that GJ eventually gets scoped in to TSA and the whole thing is over. CHQ had to fight the same battle.

You are such a nerd....(sorry, very childish I know, just stating my immediate reaction)

By h25b

I don't really understand why in the world anyone in their right mind would defend these guys at GJ. No, I'm not calling them scabs because you're right, in the legal accepted way they are not. However, as I've stated elsewhere, this type of action sets precedence for things to come. If managements around this industry know that this type of operation can be lifted, they will do it until the well runs dry. This my friend, not only affects TSA guys but everyone who's a pilot today and in the forseable future. Pilots will be forced to give more and more in the way of wages and QOL issues. Why? Because they can, it's been done before.

You make the argument that it's all legal. Well, NWA's proposal to outsource every job in the airline might be legal as well. It does not however, make it moral or ethical. As you may know, legal in some cases may be defined by who's side has the best attorney and.... or which side a judge may lean towards. (labor or management)

I don't know what side of aviation you're in. Quite frankly it doesn't matter. Eventually this thing will make a circle and affect all of us one way or the other.

Last edited:
MINIME said:
I don't really understand why in the world anyone in their right mind would defend these guys at GJ. No, I'm not calling them scabs because you're right, in the legal accepted way they are not. However, as I've stated elsewhere, this type of action sets precedence for things to come. If managements around this industry know that this type of operation can be lifted, they will do it until the well runs dry. This my friend, not only affects TSA guys but everyone who's a pilot today and in the forseable future. Pilots will be forced to give more and more in the way of wages and QOL issues. Why? Because they can, it's been done before.

You make the argument that it's all legal. Well, NWA's proposal to outsource every job in the airline might be legal as well. It does not however, make it moral or ethical. As you may know, legal in some cases may be defined by who's side has the best attorney and.... or which side a judge may lean towards. (labor or management)

I don't know what side of aviation you're in. Quite frankly it doesn't matter. Eventually this thing will make a circle and affect all of us one way or the other.

I'm in my right mind... I don't think the GJ pilots have done any great service to the industry either, but those THAT DO run around on these boards and in a round about way call these guys scabs are just flat out wrong.

Are the GJ pilots making a big mistake? Absolutely, they're probably going to end up scoped in to TSA.

I have no problem really with much of what you're saying. You're right... But you're wrong by inferring that these guys are setting a precedent. The precedent has already been set. TSA management is just following the MESA/CHQ management playbook. So please don't try to act like the TSA/GJ situation is some type of new low unfolding in our midst.

smokey999 said:
You are such a nerd....(sorry, very childish I know, just stating my immediate reaction)

Coming from you that really hurts...:rolleyes: Typical reaction from someone that really has nothing intelligent to add to the discussion. Maybe you'd like to point out where I was factually incorrect ?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back