Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GJ Pilot car gets keyed!...What the hell?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fuelflow said:
This who car keying thing never happened. Nobody in the union, company management nor flying the line know anything about it. Sounds like somebody trying to flame things up a bit.

But don't let the truth interfere with your fun here.

I'm pretty sure that's the unwritten rule of the internet anyway!;)

fuelflow said:
This who car keying thing never happened. Nobody in the union, company management nor flying the line know anything about it. Sounds like somebody trying to flame things up a bit.

But don't let the truth interfere with your fun here.

Just a little reminder fuelflow - I think you're a pile of horse dung for joining the dark side and allowing the whipsawing of almost 700 hard working pilots at Trans States and bringing down the industry as a whole by flying for crap pay and rules on your glorious 70 seaters. May your hollidays be filled with tons of snow and 3 flat tires. Tell your coworkers I feel the same about them too, you're not the only one. Just keepin it real, man!!

I fail to see your point. How is this one airline taking the whole industry down. Would you mind explaining your position?

Just keeping it real man.....

210FR8DOG said:
Just a little reminder fuelflow - I think you're a pile of horse dung for joining the dark side and allowing the whipsawing of almost 700 hard working pilots at Trans States and bringing down the industry as a whole by flying for crap pay and rules on your glorious 70 seaters. May your hollidays be filled with tons of snow and 3 flat tires. Tell your coworkers I feel the same about them too, you're not the only one. Just keepin it real, man!!
Hey, is trans states the same airline that the USAir guys went to and are now suing ALPA and USair over racketeering?

sure I'll explain it again....

panamclipper said:
I fail to see your point. How is this one airline taking the whole industry down. Would you mind explaining your position?

Just keeping it real man.....

gayjets is not SOLELY responsible for taking down the whole industry, but they are definitely doing their part. A lions share of it, in my opinion. They fly 70 seat jets for roughly $4 an hour less than industry average, they get paid for block only so any delays means they are flying for free, minimum 9 days off which is less than our current 11 for reserve or 12 for lineholders. They will also be used to help force the Trans States pilots to give concessions during the our next contract negotiations which begin next summer in order to get a) one seniority list or b) keep us from shrinking to American Connection flying only and losing all of our United flying, therefore causing furloughs.

This is just a quick condensed version of why Gayjets is helping to bring down the entire industry. True it's only $4 an hour and 1 or 2 less days off a month, but then someone down the road will undercut them by a few dollars and a few days. It has to stop somewhere. I love flying but I also love being able to pay the bills. With this current downward spiral we are in, we will all be working at Taco Bell soon. It's starting to not sound so bad. At least they give a meal discount!!

The problem here is not gjets. That is just one fight at one company. I don't see any significant pay difference between them and tsa, chq, rep, sa, skywest, mesa, air wis, psa, xjet.

The problem is the airline management has labor on the run. Look around you. There is a significant chance that because of the major airlines inability to raise ticket price, the wanton marketing of lets bludgeon each other to cause losses, the force feeding of lower and lower wages, the abrigation of labor contracts, the ineffectiveness of the scope clauses, the growth of regionals at substandard pay, the flying publics thirst for lower and lower fares; that the regional pilot will never see an airline job at the majors.

It is a simple rule of economics; Supply and demand. There are too many pilots chasing the dream, and taking $18,000 a year jobs. As long as they are able to fill those positions then they can force wages down. I had a friend of mine tell me that in 1991 he made $18,000 working for Midway Commuter. The same exact wage!!! When the regionals have to actively recruit pilots then the pay will come up.

So, what is your solution to this whole mess?

210FR8DOG said:
gayjets is not SOLELY responsible for taking down the whole industry, but they are definitely doing their part. A lions share of it, in my opinion. They fly 70 seat jets for roughly $4 an hour less than industry average, they get paid for block only so any delays means they are flying for free, minimum 9 days off which is less than our current 11 for reserve or 12 for lineholders. They will also be used to help force the Trans States pilots to give concessions during the our next contract negotiations which begin next summer in order to get a) one seniority list or b) keep us from shrinking to American Connection flying only and losing all of our United flying, therefore causing furloughs.

This is just a quick condensed version of why Gayjets is helping to bring down the entire industry. True it's only $4 an hour and 1 or 2 less days off a month, but then someone down the road will undercut them by a few dollars and a few days. It has to stop somewhere. I love flying but I also love being able to pay the bills. With this current downward spiral we are in, we will all be working at Taco Bell soon. It's starting to not sound so bad. At least they give a meal discount!!

Last edited:
Working at GJets may not be right. Some people that work there are probably not informed on the whole situation regarding GJ's. I don't care if the person who got is car keyed was informed, you don't resort to vandalism to get even. If you have a problem with a person working there go talk to them, don't be a Puzzy and key a man's car.

If it was my car that got keyed I you can rest asure you would be eating your Thanksgiving lunch through a straw.

I'm not defending the GJ guys one bit, but are you that big of a pansy to face the guy? If you're that pissed about the situation, take it out on him and not his car.

Come on guys, you KNOW Bush is behind this. It was obviously a black car. :)

Latest resources

Back