Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NookyBooky said:
I thought it was "pop" in the Midwest.
Yea, but I come from the Capitol of the Confederacy, so I get mixed up once in while.

When I turned 21 my friends took me to drink beer and I can still remember throwing up this pristine looking oatmeal beer in the toilet 12 hours after I got home. It looked like beer, smelled like beer, and made my head hurt really bad... Good times...

Actually, at least here in the great lakes, a majority of the leaves turning early have nothing to do with an early winter. It's got to do with the severe-extreme drought conditions. Most of the trees are under extreme stress and the lack of water is why they are turning color and shedding leaves early. Been talked about quite often here in the chicago area.

VampyreGTX said:
Actually, at least here in the great lakes, a majority of the leaves turning early have nothing to do with an early winter. It's got to do with the severe-extreme drought conditions. Most of the trees are under extreme stress and the lack of water is why they are turning color and shedding leaves early. Been talked about quite often here in the chicago area.
Yes, I heard that as well. On today's flight, there were many more orange and red trees. Didn't have to look that hard to see them this time.

Also kind of interesting...the locals are saying the water temp is up for lake superior. I don't know if the same is true for lake michigan, but what they think is going to happen is that it will cause more snow this winter.

FN FAL said:
Yes, I heard that as well. On today's flight, there were many more orange and red trees. Didn't have to look that hard to see them this time.

Also kind of interesting...the locals are saying the water temp is up for lake superior. I don't know if the same is true for lake michigan, but what they think is going to happen is that it will cause more snow this winter.

I wouldn't say the water temp in Lake Michigan is up significantly over normal. Ther were a few days, when we had that long spell of mid 90+ days that the water temp was in the mid 80's!

As for more snow, it's true that warmer lake waters will help create greater lake effect snows. not much of a worry for Chicago (due to winds), however, northern indiana and western michigan will get a pounding most likely this winter.

Latest resources

Back