GIA potential furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what matters is that fellow pilots, with familys, homes and very real concerns

You claim these "concerns" yet paid for your job thereby keeping another pilot out of a seat that should be a paying one. Odd how your mind changes when it suits you best.

See ya!

Crap!!! Someone already used the refund joke....

There you have it folks.....Andy here did what was best for him so that he could fast track to the almighty Delta cockpit.....Save the "brotherhood" BS Andy.....

I'll remind you that you also PFT'd, Joey, so don't get too holier than though about the GIA issue. But I do agree that Andy's attitude sucks. He is not representative of most GIA pilots.

And YES I did go to GIA academy, paid for it and cut at least 2 years off the time it took me to get to a regional. ZERO regrets and no apologies. If it weren't for GIA I wouldn't be at Delta now. I'd highly recommend GIA to anyone considering a career change or fresh out of college. Not everyone is cut out to be a CFI nor should they be. I figure that the $24,000 I paid for GIA will have added easily $250,000 in career earnings and $400,000 in my 401K balance at retirement age. Why would I trade that for 2 years of students trying to kill me and get me violated working 6 days a week? Screw that.

You're a loser dude. :rolleyes:

I hope you lose your medical.

I have two things to add to this thread....

1. Amish Rakefight should be banned for properly spelling "you are" in the contracted form on flight info.

2. If you lie down with dogs you get fleas. The only reason GIA was able to stay open as long as it did was because it could undercut anyone else paying both the captain and FO. Anyone taking a job there sold out and gets no sympathy from me regardless of whether or not they actually paid to work there.

Latest resources

Back