• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GIA Finally Hiring FO's???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am looking into GIA as well to escape my 2 leg commute. I would upgrade pretty soon, may be this year at CHQ but the commute is killing it for me and we can't move. I have sent in my stuff to GIA 6 weeks ago and I have not heard anything except that they are behind on IOEs. I think I will try to hand walk in my resume as a last effort.

Any new news from those waiting for IOE? How long is the wait now?

Take this for what it's worth, GIA is done hiring street captains. A lot of them have washed out of training. There is a possibility they may hire more "street FO's". attrition is increasing and there are a couple of us senior people here waiting for a class date with the bigger and better places. As far as IOE goes, you have to understand we are dealing with 250 hr. pilots. They don't get done in 20 hours, and some of them don't get done in 60 hours, one or two in the past have never finished and never received permanent hire. so the burden is weighing heavy on check airmen right now.

Take this for what it's worth, GIA is done hiring street captains. A lot of them have washed out of training. There is a possibility they may hire more "street FO's". attrition is increasing and there are a couple of us senior people here waiting for a class date with the bigger and better places. As far as IOE goes, you have to understand we are dealing with 250 hr. pilots. They don't get done in 20 hours, and some of them don't get done in 60 hours, one or two in the past have never finished and never received permanent hire. so the burden is weighing heavy on check airmen right now.

Thanks for the info. I was talking about CA IOEs btw. I have heard those were backlogged.

What kind of experience did the wash out street captains have?

That place was a hole since Tom "Scab" Cooper owned it. I would look close at the fact that pilots are so inexperienced they cannot pass ioe. Is it really worth it. I would say American Eagle would be a better job.

Just a thought from someone that has been around.

That place was a hole since Tom "Scab" Cooper owned it. I would look close at the fact that pilots are so inexperienced they cannot pass ioe. Is it really worth it. I would say American Eagle would be a better job.

Just a thought from someone that has been around.

I think every airline has its own share of inexperienced pilots. I don't give up on people who may take a little longer to understand things. If the pilot needs more training, they get it. If they still can't perform, they are gone. Simple as that. No one is released from IOE who is not ready! We don't have the luxury of autopilots here or FMS to tell how to enter holds, so the standard is raised, at least in my cockpit! For those of you who may want to come here, I say go for it, especially if you live in Florida and don't want a commute from hell.

We are talking about quick PIC here and it works for some who happen to live there. You would leave AE for a place like this or BigSky, if it serves your short term goals. Not the other way around. my 0.02

Just some info for anyone interested in coming here. I've been in training for almost 3 months now. The training department is a little backed up, and I still haven't even started IOE. Checkrides are tough. Not much room for error is given.

Latest resources

Back