• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

......getting to the majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta DOES not have a flow thru! Delta opened the hiring process to everyone who was interested. Folks with a little over a year of experience were interviewed, after the 4 pass/fail written test were completed and passed. Delta did not guarantee any group (ASA and Comair) they would take specific numbers - but they didn't want to deplete those groups of experience.

But Delta did have an idea of folks - if test were passed - of who was worthy of being hired. ASA provided 2 (one with 11 years dispatch / management time, the other with maybe 2 years of dispatch experience). Comair provided 2 (both with 10 + years management experience). The other person was from AirTran with about 5 years time under his belt. I know 4 of those folks, and all are great catches for Delta.

Rumor is Delta will be hiring again this summer - my understanding, new folks are being placed directly into international dispatching. Delta is expanding their international routes - look out for the postings!

ASA will be replacing folks who are leaving - no time frame of when they will be hiring. Rumor is ASA has a program of selecting folks from within the company and paying for their training - sounds like a good program to hire from within. The company has the opportunity to see work ethics, character, supervisor input, etc..

It's real nice to see Delta hiring experienced Dispatchers from other carriers even if they do not have a flow through from ASA and Comair. But I am curious, did they post the job internal and did not find any qualified people or did they just post it external intended to seek out active experience?

Delta advertised on their Delta.com site. Which means everyone in the nation had a shot at one of those prized positions. The folks at Comair and ASA all knew what was going on because they are closely tied to Delta.

Delta advertised on their Delta.com site. Which means everyone in the nation had a shot at one of those prized positions. The folks at Comair and ASA all knew what was going on because they are closely tied to Delta.

thx:D

btw...Delta is above and beyond my favorite airline in product and service. Keep up the good work all Delta employees!

Latest resources

Back