• Friendliest aviation community on the web
there you go ups is hiring right now

Assistant Dispatcher
spacer.gif
Requisition #22203128
Air Operations
LOUISVILLE, KY
JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Assistant Dispatcher will support the Aircraft Dispatcher, disseminate information for the operation and update and maintain systems and manuals. This is an entry level position which has potential of filling future UPS Aircraft Dispatcher positions in a growing global market.
All applicants must possess the following basic qualifications:
    • FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate
    • Basic air carrier operations control knowledge from FAR Part 135, 119 or 121 Domestic, Flag or Supplemental operation or similar military experience
    • International aircraft dispatching experience
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
    • Associates degree in an aviation related field
    • Strong communication skills
    • Technical aptitude and computer skills
Position is located in Louisville, KY without company-paid relocation funds.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
  • Possess a valid FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate
  • Minimum of three (3) years experience regarding basic air carrier operations control knowledge from a Part 135, 119 or 121 Domestic, Flag or Supplemental operation or similar military experience
OTHER CRITERIA:
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
There is no relocation available for this position.

UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v

Ups

Thanks a lot for that link! I'm sure I don't have the experience they're looking for yet, but I still may apply...who knows what could happen.

Ups continues to grow, SDF hub under another major expansion and projected Intl growth. Due to new lines being added for this years bid (april2007), 3 assistant dsipactchers are being upgraded. Can only speak for my experience, but one interview (panel of three) and one on-line personality assessment.

I would love to work for UPS or Fedex....that is like my dream job....I just NEVER see postings for them hiring dispatchers. I have heard for UPS at least you have to already work for the company sorting boxes or something first. I work with a guy who used to sort boxes for them back in high school, and he is thinking that could be his way in to their dispatch center....anyone have an inside information on this?

fedex does NOT hire externally. your best shot at fedex is to start throwing boxes somewhere. after 6-12 months you can bid on jobs. there are usually a few job openings every year. 1 of the guys that was just hired is 25 and has less than a year of dispatch experience.

.....fedex

maybe throwing boxes is the way to go...part time at least....I don't think you have to work for UPS to get on with them.

JB is going to hire 3 more this year...I got hired with one year expeirience...starting is 50K, top out is in the 80's after 10 years, i commute from the Midwest, 50K goes pretty far in the midwest, but not very far in NYC.

Latest resources

Back