Getting to know You? SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyBoeingJets said:
You are the one who is wrong. Just because your unscientific "what happened to my class" results are good doesn't make it so for everyone. There is no way everyone who gets a grip and grin is getting an interview. Maybe so in the past, but not now.

Do a little research and you'll discover what is happening now.

My numbers come from an ACP during a "grip and Grin"

Where do yours come from? Your Postierior?

No, wait a minute!

Oh yeah, I noticed what Flyboeingjets said that made me laugh:

How about all the folks who gave $50 to FedEx, $200 for FE written and a day off of work to grip and grin with an ACP? I'm betting no more than 1 in 10 get the call to interview out of that process. Maybe much worse. Then they still tube at least 35% of those interviewed

Well, the two guys I've taken in for a "grip and grin" got interviews (one was furloughed and hired, the other furloughed guy's interview is this month). And my buddies who did the same thing got their friends interviews....So, in just my personal, unscientific experience the "grip and grin" works when trying to get an interview......That beats paying $5,000 for a type rating with a 1 in 5 chance of getting your foot in the door.....

Just doing whatever it takes to help my friends out.

Last edited:
I'm glad furloughed dudes are getting back on their feet. It was wrong not to hire them before.

The ACP's have tons of resumes on file and it is impossible that everyone would get an interview. After all, what is the purpose of the CP/ACP pre-interview board?? I'm thinking it is to pick and choose candidates for interview but it could be to plan golf outings with all the free time you guys have.

But hiring trends change over time. The low interview rate may have been temporary.

Last edited:
FlyAuburn said:
I know of people that would fit in perfect with SWA's culture and still got turned down. There's more to it than that. Who know's what it is.
Just my 2 cents...

Interesting...and how long have you been at SWA?

Juvat said:
Interesting...and how long have you been at SWA?

So you ask because of my profile? For your info., I have worked at SWA. I know the culture. Hell, I'll go out on the limb and say that I know more people in Flight Ops than you do. But, that's besides the point. The fact is that it's not just the culture factor like you say. Great people have been turned down at SWA - just admit it. It's like that everywhere.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

Don't know about great people being turned down by your airline but I do know quiet a few eggheads that "Fit YOUR CULTURE". who have gotten hired.

Some people interview well and don't necessarily "fit in" better than others after they are hired. I think SWA should raise their mins for hiring and quit wasting peoples time and MONEY.

Latest resources

Back