• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

getting started early for swa

dew pylot

Plain old member
Total Time
for all of you out there with some experience with swa, i was wondering what the best route of action is to get there in the end. i am working on my com rating and have always dreamed of working for swa. so how would i prepare early for it? any info is appreciated. thanks

falcon20

Total Time
Get into the left seat of a turbine a/c as fast as possible, also continue to dream as it will probably come true. It worked for me even after interviewing two times at SWA, but still had SWA as my #1 goal. Good Luck Start on the 28th

ivauir

SNIKT!
Total Time
SWA PreReq's

Also, make sure you have your 4 year degree and build a solid work history and reputation. SWA will be very interested in what previous employers/coworkers think of you - take any job you get seriously enough to do well at it (including being a student) but not so seriously you don't have fun! Especially flying jobs, this is a great bussiness and if you can't have fun towing banners, treaching stalls, etc then you'll find that the destination isn't worth the trip. If, on the otherhand, a C-150 flyby gives you goosbumps, you'll be flying Shamu before you know it!
Good luck! Fly safe!