• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
qmaster3 said:
"There are no bad regiments, there are only bad officers."
--Field Marshall Lord Slim

Sure, tell that to one of my squadron buddies on CVN-XX, who passed on this gem from the Div O scrapbook:

"Carrier life is just a little different from the aviation side. Most my guys couldn't spell Cat if I spotted them a "c" and a "t". Been to the brig twice in just 2 months to bail guys out. Got a call today from a cop saying if one of my guys didn't turn himself in, he'd have a warrant out for his arrest. Seems my young sailor decided to "acquire" a new vehicle without paying full price. By full price, I mean, nothing at all while using a screwdriver to start the car. I should've paid more attention to JAG when it was on TV."

boomlrd said:
I agree with all of the leadership comments on here, I was an "E" aircrew member, fun while it lasted but it is alot better not having to be a yesman now. Another thing, if you go in, don't enlist unless you like being a robot. Good experience, makes me cherish what I have now, but I would never do it again. A$$Kissers get promoted, good guys get out.

Must be another example of the vast differences that exist beween the Air Force and Marine Corps. The only 'robotic' skills we needed were being able to run fast and iron our uniforms. Everything else required some personal initiative and real-know-how.

As far as the getting promoted, getting out thing...again, got to be the service difference. Yeah yeah yeah there are always exceptions, I know.

Side note. When people are this board say or think 'military' is it just assumed that they are speaking exclusively about the Air Force?

MECEPGrad said:
Side note. When people are this board say or think 'military' is it just assumed that they are speaking exclusively about the Air Force?

Nope.

Latest resources

Back