• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting hired by AirTran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My vote goes to Waylon Jennings..........If nothing else, he will always be remembered for "The Dukes" theme. Dam, em' r sum good ol' boys.

Missed opportunity

Its ashame that Airtran only looks at 121 and military time. That an pilot with 500 hr of KingAir 1900 time is more qualified than a pilot with jet time flying as a 135 operator. I've had Airtran pilot's walk my resume in, to which I'm truely greatful and been told that even with 20 years military (enlisted P3/FE) and 2800 jet, 1900 capt . /PIC jet that I'm not qualified. Go figure.

p3hawk,
Could you expound a little on your last post? Are you saying that a KingAir pilot with 500 hrs is more qualified than you as a 2800TT and 1900 PIC jet time, at least in the eyes of AirTran?
I'm not really sure I understand. I'm thin as a post and twice as thick.

walden said:
p3hawk,
Could you expound a little on your last post? Are you saying that a KingAir pilot with 500 hrs is more qualified than you as a 2800TT and 1900 PIC jet time, at least in the eyes of AirTran?
I'm not really sure I understand. I'm thin as a post and twice as thick.

AirTran's mins include 500 hours Part 121 PIC or Military Equivalent. Basically if someone has 10000 hours and none of it falls under the 121 PIC/Mil Equiv requirements then they aren't qualified. Might not be the best way to do it, but that's how it's being done.

It is a good movie. I especially like the part where he gives the dude a swirlie but he thinks it's his friend Virgil. Good stuff.
P3 engineer? Ever make it out to Midway for Pony Express?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back