• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting from DCA to IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Metro Blue Line from DCA to Rosslyn stop, then Orange Line to West Falls Church stop, then Washington Flyer bus to Dulles.

Sorry, not sure on costs...IIRC the bus gives crewmembers a small discount.

Or wait about three years until they complete the metro line.

But in the meantime, what Boilerup said works great. I think the bus is $12 but I may be confusing it with the MassPort buses out of BOS.

take the blue line from dca to rosslyn. get off there and go up the large escalator and hang a left and wait at the bus stop across the street from the mcdonalds. wait for the 5a (west) bus that takes you all the way to IAD. I think it cost me 1.85 for the one way trip. If i remember correctly from DCA to IAD took about 1.25 hours.

take the blue line from dca to rosslyn. get off there and go up the large escalator and hang a left and wait at the bus stop across the street from the mcdonalds. wait for the 5a (west) bus that takes you all the way to IAD. I think it cost me 1.85 for the one way trip. If i remember correctly from DCA to IAD took about 1.25 hours.

The trip on the 5a takes 45-50 min.

If you are pressed for time at night, you can cab it. It takes about 30-35 min and costs about $63 before a tip.

If you have luggage the Washington Flyer from West Falls Church is the best way to go. Allow your self 2 hours from DCA to IAD as if you miss the bus at West Falls Church there won't be another for at least 30 min. If pressed for time, use a taxi. I've made connections from DCA to IAD in 1:15, which is just enough time to be last person to board out of the last gate in the C con at IAD :pimp:

Latest resources

Back