• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting Fired from AirTran and Have a question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since you don't seem to be interested in corp., why not go for a 777 type? International carriers might be persuaded to interview you with that over those that lack one. Emirates comes to mind as one. Pretty good jobs right now internationally.

Use the money for a personal trainer... get in shape and a job with the The Thunder Down Under!

That's what Lear 70 did!! :eek:

I just got back form Vegas and there were signs everywhere for that show...what is the pay and days off like?

Since you don't seem to be interested in corp., why not go for a 777 type? International carriers might be persuaded to interview you with that over those that lack one. Emirates comes to mind as one. Pretty good jobs right now internationally.

Dont waste your money on a type if applying to Emirates, Gulf Air or Qatar...none needed

I just got back form Vegas and there were signs everywhere for that show...what is the pay and days off like?
Just going to bed now, party all night like a rock star, the women just throw money (and themselves) at you, and I'm thinking about buying AirTran with all the cash and ousting senior management before they ruin the place...

Wonder if they take singles when you buy stock in large quantities...?

:rockstar:

Be sure to check out Higher Power in Dallas. They have a 737 type course and on Saturdays the People Dept people from SWA come over and have ice cream with all the HP students. Higher Power's rate of students getting interviews at SWA is, well, Higher! ;-)

Let me guess.....Higher Power must have told people they have a higher rate because unless you can show me otherwise.....our PD department doesn't keep figures on where or how people get their types! I have talked with the PD and fellow pilots that do the interviews. They tell me they could care less where the guys/gals get they type! Higher Power likes to promote the idea they have an in at SWA. NOTHING could be further from the truth. In the days of good-ole-boy hiring maybe..... But, since SWA went the the on-line application that is not true. The PD enters the critieria and the comptuer prints a list of those to interview. I got my type from the cheapest place I could find (in Houston) and everyone in my class is now here at SWA. This Higher Power stuff is a bunch of $$%%^&&*. Save your money and find the cheapest/easiest way to get your type.

Dont waste your money on a type if applying to Emirates, Gulf Air or Qatar...none needed

I know. It was just a thought to distinguish his resume from the thousands of others. There are plenty of us that have heavy international experience that those carriers can chose from, so a heavy type might ease that gap a little. Just trying to think outside the box.

All good info thanks. Not against corp, just wanted to stay in the airlines if possible since I like where I live and don't want to move my family if possible.

I have applied to NetJets as there is no corp gigs in my hometown, actually they are shutting some down due to the wonderful economy.

Hoping to get some money from the state and persue a 737 type and go from there, hopefully to SWA.

If that doesn't work then may just stay home, watch the grass grow, cut the grass, then watch it grow again,,,,,, Oh yea, and drink a beer or two while doing that!!

Your home state.

Also, the loans are from the WIA (Workforce Improvement Act) and the DOL but they're administered by your state's DOL.

So many people got 737 types after 9/11, they started requiring a letter of intent to hire before they would cough up.

Good luck, all! TC

P.S.--IMO, AirTran management ranks down there with Lorenzo and Icahn.
Awesome P.S. EXACTLY

anyway the 180 of you can get together and file a class action lawsuit...bound to be something you can sue the bastards for.....breach of contract? you all gave up good regional jobs/equivilant for the promise of something better at A/T.....only to have it thrown in your collective face and trashing your career, gotta be some judge some place that will hear your case.......file in the 9th Circuit and sue the CEO, CFO and BOD seperately and jointly as well as the Corperation.

In defence of Higher Power (HPA)

I got my type at Aeroservice, Miami, and they were awful. Not even sure if they are still there. Then, due to a number of factors, I needed sim time for currency due to new Homeland Security rules. HPA stepped in, donated a check airman and an FO, (for FREE!!!) and negotiated with SWA for a FREE sim. They did this for a, great publicity, and b, (don't be cynical now) because they are great people. Been at SWA for 5.5 years now thanks to HPA.
They are a wonderful team, they do have some insider trading knowledge, and they are a very good place to go. 'Airline Pilot' is not actually very sure of his facts; not his fault; HPA have a strong relationship with the PD, who will often contact them for advice. I know this for absolutely certain due to my insider trading. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back