Getting certified?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bobs98tlr

Curious what it takes do DX? I have my ATP and a type rating but looking for a back up in the industry. Any thoughts?

Curious what it takes do DX? I have my ATP and a type rating but looking for a back up in the industry. Any thoughts?

I don't want you to think that I'm posting this in a mean way or anything because I'm not, but you've got to think beyond the cockpit...

You gotta take the written (which is actually the ATP written) and a practical test. With a pilots license you can take an FAA approves "short course";3-4 weeks usually.

I don't want you to think that I'm posting this in a mean way or anything because I'm not, but you've got to think beyond the cockpit...

It's all good. I didn't elaborate on me personally but I do think well clear of the cockpit. More then most pilots do trust me. I worked in a lot of aspects of aviation. I just don't know exactly how I came of not thinking outside of it?

Where can I go to do a short course and/practicals?

It's all good. I didn't elaborate on me personally but I do think well clear of the cockpit. More then most pilots do trust me. I worked in a lot of aspects of aviation. I just don't know exactly how I came of not thinking outside of it?

Where can I go to do a short course and/practicals?

Might talk to Sheffield and see what they have.
My comment wasn't meant as a reflection on you at all. It's just that in my experience pilots that transition into dispatch have a harder time of seeing the bigger picture that a dispatcher really has to consider in making decisions. That being said, I've also found that pilots that have spent time in dispatch (say they were on a medical and got assigned to help out) have a better idea of what the dispatcher is dealing with on a day to day basis.

Latest resources

Back