Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi!

I just found out we are getting into CASS ASAP.

I have heard a lot of different things about CASS.

I would like to know how being in CASS will affect our jumpseating, especially if you know details from your CASS airline about how CASS jumpseaters will or will not be affected by changing from non-CASS to CASS.

Thanx!
cliff
YIP

No real change to your procedures at the gate, except you will be required to carry a valid passport. As to your jumpseating ability, it will give you the opportunity to ride in the cockpit jumpseat should all available cabin seats be full. Kind of like jumpseating was pre September 11th 2001. One final note, it is only good on domestic routes within the USA.

What does it take for a company to get CASSed? What is the average cost per pilot?

There is no average cost per pilot figures as the costs associated with CASS are fixed. Your company will have to sign a contract with ARINC, and pay a one time fee of $1000.00 and a monthly fee of $600.00. Your company will have to purchase/develop a software compatable with ARINC and your gate terminals. The software costs vary depending on whether it is outsourced or in-house (anywhere from $3,000.00 on upwards of $30,000.00+[estimate only]). Good luck.

Latest resources

Back