• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

getting a 604 or Global type myself

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "new Sheriff" at FSI SAV has made it abundantly clear that they "don't need" contract pilots and are not interested in working with them.

Is there some group out there FSI SAV hasn't pi$$ed off?

Can't wait 'till Simuflite gets their 450/550 up and going...TC

psysicx said:
Why does Simuflite say they have GV class if they don't? Is it just a mistake?

psysicx--The do have a GV. They do not have a G550/G450. Same type. Different animal. You can't go get a type in a V and turn around and fly the 550/450/350's. You need at least a two-day differences class.TC

Ty Webb said:
I have to laugh . . . . I had the opposite problem- trying to get the "corporate stink" off of myself to get my airline job.

G200, you really come off as a condescending pr!ck. I would take an airline schedule, pay and benefits over 98% of the corporate jobs out there, and if the other 2% involved flying with you, well, then I guess I would have to pass on them all.

"critter"..

how much "charter stink" did you have to get off yourself to get on with Airtran? from a charter westwind to a goddam DC9 at a LCC....

please - like thats some lofty accomplishment Ty.

Its public info what a 2nd year Capt at scabtran makes, chump - lots of corp guys got you beat...with better schedules and better benefits.

But I guess it really all depends where you come from.....

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
"critter"..

how much "charter stink" did you have to get off yourself to get on with Airtran? from a charter westwind to a goddam DC9 at a LCC....

Actually, that's "corporate stink", flew other jets in my 5 years in the corporate jet world, thank you, and I never flew a DC9.

Its public info what a 2nd year Capt at scabtran makes, chump - lots of corp guys got you beat...with better schedules and better benefits.

We don't have any second year captains, "Chump", but 5th year pay is quite comfortable . . . it's not about "having anyone beat", it's about what you like.

I bid easy schedules, usually one leg to the West Coast, and finish with one leg back home, I know what I am doing the month before, and if I don;t like the trip, I can trade it out. I live where I want, and have almost no contact with management . . . .I'd much rather do that for my paltry $130K a year than bob whatever knob you have to for the few extra bucks and free golf shirts.
But I guess it all depends where you come from.

Oh, I know where I came from, and I know where I am, and I know which one I liked better . . . . .

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Actually, that's "corporate stink", flew other jets in my 5 years in the corporate jet world, thank you, and I never flew a DC9.

We don't have any second year captains, "Chump", but 5th year pay is quite comfortable . . . it's not about "having anyone beat", it's about what you like.

I bid easy schedules, usually one leg to the West Coast, and finish with one leg back home, I know what I am doing the month before, and if I don;t like the trip, I can trade it out. I live where I want, and have almost no contact with management . . . .I'd much rather do that for my paltry $130K a year than bob whatever knob you have to for the few extra bucks and free golf shirts.

Oh, I know where I came from, and I know where I am, and I know which one I liked better . . . . .

130K?...thats not bad...but you're still low chump! (since you mentioned numbers)

you work more days and you're benefits are certainly not better at scabtran!

no dc9? (oh sorry, was that a 717?) and no westwind? what else did you fly around *******?

but hey, really, whats the point of all this?
were you just bored and wanted to go a few rounds?

You enjoy your job, thats success.

It sounds like you are happy, isn't that all that matters, ****?

:confused:

Last edited:
I guess when you don't have anything to really respond with, you just lash out with insults and post personal information about people you disagree with. That really says a lot about your intelligence and character- apparently, you're lacking in both regards.

With your lack of maturity, character and principle, you appear to have what it takes to someday become a really lousy Chief Pilot . . . . which is often what happens, and is one more good reason to me for choosing airlines over corporate flight departments.

Maybe one day you'll grow up, and stop equating your paycheck and the airplane you are flying for someoen else with your own self-worth. . . . . Maybe.

Latest resources

Back