Germantown, TN Economy Booms This Week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's see,

First, what is the rate of inflation? Approx. 2-3% minimum per year.

When was our last pay raise? Approx. 2 years ago.

Doesn't that mean that we are already approx. 6% behind?

Their offer of 3% per year and no changes to the current agreement is obviously laughable - why would anyone accept 5 more years of 2003 wages?

Of course, this falls in line with Negotiating 101 - Throw out an incredicbly low offer and, lo and behold, all subsequent offers will look great (Even if they are still cost negative or neutral to our current agreement.)

Don't let this memo bother you - just sit back with a copy of "Confessions of a Union Buster" and you'll be up to speed in no time!

My Union Speaks For Me!!

Isn't it some kind of unwritten rule that every FedEx pilot based in Memphis has to drive and/or own at least a Corvette or a Harley Davidson anyway?

Nah, I can't playa hate. I'm jealous I wish I could have an old school Electra Glide so bad. Maybe when Uncle Sam decides what to do about the sandbox and I get out of mother blue then get some jet time, maybe I can get into FedEx and get me one.

PurpleTail said:
Well if the company is checking this board then let it be know that I won't take anything less than a 25% pay increase! And as far as that sweet signing bonus goes...ONE MORE DAY OF RETRO PAY!!!

Way to lower the bar! ;)

30% pay raise effective 31 May 2004, 30% pay raise every year thereafter for 3-year life of Contract.

As far as bonus money... Hourly rate * 200 EVERY year on anniversary of contract. ($150/hr hourly rate would get $20,000 bonus)

PLUS retro pay...

:)

OMDORP

I've got a math problem for all the FedEx folks. Take the signing bonus which would apply to your years of service, then divide by 1000 (the number of hours of pay per year - give or take), and then divide by the number of years 3,4 or 5. Then see how much extra pay you are actually getting with that signing bonus per hour. Don't forget that Uncle Sam will take a pretty good size chunk of it. Suddenly it doesn't seem so big!

active_herk said:
Suddenly it doesn't seem so big!

Suddenly? I was thinking "instantly"! I mean, even before I read that far. When they don't even want to talk about work rules, how serious can you take their "offer"? This was good for a laugh, and that's about it.

I knew it wouldn't take long for Fred to take this to the media.

FedEx Dangles Bonus

Now comes the attack of the neighbors! :)

I haven't even made it to the bottom quarter!

I wonder where they get those numbers from.

Then again, maybe I don't.

FJ

Latest resources

Back