• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Germantown, TN Economy Booms This Week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The difference between Collierville wives and Germantown wives?

Fake diamonds and real orgasms....

(Sorry Shep)

Last edited:
You guys are looking at the negatives. First, the company is already attempting to bypass negotiations indicating that they want (or more likely NEED) a contract prior to summer peak. Lets look at the situation at FedEx now. Lot's of people going to the schoolhouse for training, rumor of another large bid in the fall (more people off the line going to school), widebody acquistions, new China routes, etc. What does all these things lead to? NOT ENOUGH LINE PILOTS...... Here is to the Summer of Fred. I have been one in the past to help the company out on occassion, but for me that stops now. Anyone looking for the "smoking gun" or "flashing sign". You just got it from the company. Enjoy your time off and have a wonderful summer. Hope the surf is good.... Los1, I know how you get. Relax. Breathe in. Breathe out.

I am flat out amazed there was not a front page article in the Commercial Appeal (aka The Fred Post) saying FedEx offers pilots 17% pay raise.

Last edited:
Most of y'all have been here at FDX longer than me, and I just read the ALPA response email. They have some really strong points. To be sure, I have no clue what it was like before the '98 contract nor do I have much knowledge right now about retirement plans, health care, vacation and all that. Hell, I just got my first line in May so I really don't know much about the work rules. That being said....

What do y'all think would be the sentiment right now if Mgmt would have said 6% or 7% or something like that instead of 3%? Think alot of guys would bite? I can't really tell if this end run offer is a good sign or a bad sign for us.

Magnum,

Good questions, but why dont' you save them for an AOC meeting or talk to some of your mentors.

I suggest ALL of us keep our "what would it take" discussions off public forums. Good business sense says there are two things you say in public:

"My union speaks for me...."

and...

"I need to buy a hat..."

Not trying to squash anyone, but management talks, dickers, and conducts strategy in PRIVATE. Taking our private thoughts and sharing them on the internet (vice with a block rep or other rep) only allows a very lopsided position for us. I'm not paranoid, but management will be listening and watching what we say. Let's make sure what we say in public helps our cause in private.

Off soapbox. Resume the party...

AlbieF15 said:
Not trying to squash anyone, but management talks, dickers, and conducts strategy in PRIVATE. Taking our private thoughts and sharing them on the internet (vice with a block rep or other rep) only allows a very lopsided position for us. I'm not paranoid, but management will be listening and watching what we say. Let's make sure what we say in public helps our cause in private.

Off soapbox. Resume the party...

Good points Albie. And I agree that we should keep it shut. However, I will stick by the "jack a$$e$ for the lame attempt to circumvent negotiations" comment.

The rest of my ranting from here on out will be in private to my wife. She likes that kind of stuff.

Could have used that sweet sweet "signing bonus" though. http://www.cervelo.com/bikes/2005%20images/2005-P3Carbon-full.jpg

Buy a hat--

My Union speaks for me!!!! and...
the E-A-G-L-E-S were playing in February
Any questions? Didnt think so!!!
fraternally
Los

Well if the company is checking this board then let it be know that I won't take anything less than a 25% pay increase! And as far as that sweet signing bonus goes...ONE MORE DAY OF RETRO PAY!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back