Georgia Skies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jackie Moon

Has anyone been able to jumpseat on Georgia skies? I went to check it out today after missing 2 oversold flights home. Got to the gate about 20 minutes before departure. They told me it was a full flight and I could not get on but we did have a jumpseat agreement with them. In fact the captain told me he jumpseated on my airline a few days earlier. I told them I would wait and see if everyone showed up. 10 minutes before departure they started boarding and ended up with one empty seat. I asked the gate agent is she would put me on and she said was too late. The captain was still there and he again asked her if she could put me on. She told him it was too late and they would have to go with the passengers they had. All the passengers were still at the gate. The captain shrugged and said sorry man and walked the passengers down to the airplane. When I got to the next flight home and airtran pilot told me the same thing happened to him. Has anyone been able to get on these flights? If not we need to end the jumpseat agreement. They are already getting the good end of the deal. GA skies only serves 4 city's.

Has anyone been able to jumpseat on Georgia skies? I went to check it out today after missing 2 oversold flights home. Got to the gate about 20 minutes before departure. They told me it was a full flight and I could not get on but we did have a jumpseat agreement with them. In fact the captain told me he jumpseated on my airline a few days earlier. I told them I would wait and see if everyone showed up. 10 minutes before departure they started boarding and ended up with one empty seat. I asked the gate agent is she would put me on and she said was too late. The captain was still there and he again asked her if she could put me on. She told him it was too late and they would have to go with the passengers they had. All the passengers were still at the gate. The captain shrugged and said sorry man and walked the passengers down to the airplane. When I got to the next flight home and airtran pilot told me the same thing happened to him. Has anyone been able to get on these flights? If not we need to end the jumpseat agreement. They are already getting the good end of the deal. GA skies only serves 4 city's.

That's crap and total BS that happened to you. If you're with ASA, pm me and I can give you the number to the Jumpseat Coord. Personally, I would have told the gate agent, he's on, or I'm not going and you can call scheduling and get a new CPT. It's always worked in the past, but only have had to do it once. Good luck, this needs to change ASAP. What cities do Georgia Skies serve?

Trojan

Best I could figure, out of Atlanta they fly to Athens, Macon, and Nashville with the Nashville flights continuing to Jackson TN, or Owensboro KY. USC that is what we have always done in the past. As long as we know a jumpseater is there he is getting on. I don't know what kind of pressure they are under and what kind of job protection they have but I would think he could have done more.

I would contact your jumpseat coordinator. They should rescind the jumpseat agreement if Georgia Skies acts in that manner.

So the guy jumpseats on your airline, and then grows a big hairy vagina in the presence of a gate agent?

Thanks for that visual Stifler! Now I got one of those horrible "grisly" forwarded emails from HoserASA stuck in my head. "Cool running river....Cool running river.....Cool running river.....ahhh"

Trojan

I had a similar experience with them. The captain wanted to get me on but the gate agent was insistant that they were full and I was not getting on. She wouldn't even list me for the jumpseat and I was there an hour prior.

This is the same company that runs Pacific Wings in the islands. Also, New Mexico Airlines. Not exactly the Capts fault...
Search Pacific Wings and you'll see what I am talking about.

Latest resources

Back