Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

General Lee or any other Intl' Europe Guy, (Power Convrtr Question)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just make sure you get the right Converter, gen!

-That giant plug-in vibrator you carry around the world to service your "personal" needs will definitely rock your world if you don't step-down to the right voltage!

-Just in case you see the Gen walking a little funny when he gets back from Sao Paulo, you will know what happened.

So when you're carrying around yours with your blow up doll in Mexico, do you tell all the guys, "it was the best I could do?":laugh:

Your mom just nudged me, she said get off the computer, and get back to bed!

Just make sure you get the right Converter, gen!

-That giant plug-in vibrator you carry around the world to service your "personal" needs will definitely rock your world if you don't step-down to the right voltage!

-Just in case you see the Gen walking a little funny when he gets back from Sao Paulo, you will know what happened.

Hey, how was your last trip to Albany, GA from ATL? Was it fun? Did you go through customs on the way back? Maybe SkyWest will take over that route next. I bet you can't wait for your next Brunswick or Dothan. Bring your passport, and have fun you silly sailor......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks for ALL the replies. Very valuable info. I guess I never realized what the power box was actually for on my laptop. I got a cheap adapter from Eddie Bauer.

THANKS AGAIN!

Post Script... General... sorry for using your name in the title.... but I automatically picture you as the International jet-setter (and FI celebrity), so I figured you'd have the best answer.

Cheers!

Thanks for ALL the replies. Very valuable info. I guess I never realized what the power box was actually for on my laptop. I got a cheap adapter from Eddie Bauer.

THANKS AGAIN!

Post Script... General... sorry for using your name in the title.... but I automatically picture you as the International jet-setter (and FI celebrity), so I figured you'd have the best answer.

Cheers!

That's fine. All of the other responses here have offered great info for you. Enjoy Ireland, you will have a great time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

As far as car-rental insurance, american credit cards (such as AMEX) don't cover rental cars in most "I" countries (Ireland, Italy, and Israel) due to added liability, so buy the loss-damage waiver offered by the car company.

As far as car-rental insurance, american credit cards (such as AMEX) don't cover rental cars in most "I" countries (Ireland, Italy, and Israel) due to added liability, so buy the loss-damage waiver offered by the car company.

Thanks SIUdude! I will do it. As much as I cringe my teeth in buying extra rental insurnace... I will do it, to have peace of mind.

By the way? Are the license plates different in Ireland (Southern part) than they are in Northern Ireland. The only reason I ask is because someone told me that rental insurance (from a car rented in DUB) will not be covered in N. Ireland-- and actually advised to stay out of Northern Ireland.

Thanks SIUdude! I will do it. As much as I cringe my teeth in buying extra rental insurnace... I will do it, to have peace of mind.

By the way? Are the license plates different in Ireland (Southern part) than they are in Northern Ireland. The only reason I ask is because someone told me that rental insurance (from a car rented in DUB) will not be covered in N. Ireland-- and actually advised to stay out of Northern Ireland.

Belfast is an awesome place to visit but they are two different countries with different currencies (euro vs pound). Tell the rental agent that you're going to be taking the car into Northern Ireland and they may assess a small fee to make sure that the insurance remains valid. Otherwise, there are no other major issues and all that terrorism is a thing of the past.

Latest resources

Back