• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini vs World

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
true story! but he has some valid points about life for us on the road, tell someone about 18 day bid lines or about back to back rotations and their collective jaws will fall to the floor. I cant complain though because I came from nothing, I do however keep an eye open for the hopes of a better tomorrow, and when it happens i will be bringing u along even if you are a check airman or alpa rep!! seriously, 34 straight hurts the woman situation at home, time to make some situations abroad, go stairs!

vindiesel said:
true story! but he has some valid points about life for us on the road, tell someone about 18 day bid lines or about back to back rotations and their collective jaws will fall to the floor. I cant complain though because I came from nothing, I do however keep an eye open for the hopes of a better tomorrow, and when it happens i will be bringing u along even if you are a check airman or alpa rep!! seriously, 34 straight hurts the woman situation at home, time to make some situations abroad, go stairs!

He has been miserable from day one.

You bid a back to back.

The sky is all ways falling with this guy. Remember back Feb/Mar he was running around saying that Gemini was about to park airplanes and furlough. hmm, hmm.

You guys are so worried about what other people think.

Last edited:
he´s not that bad, he certainly marches to the beat of his own DJ! having him around helps make time go by faster if einstein wont argue that one and yeah i did bid it but i didnt want it, they made me switch to the wrong side of the month for recurrent and i want the holidays off, YOU are gonna have to bid back to back to get the holidays off! Come, join the darkside, jedi! mia reserve yeah! you know I am right even if you say, "you´re not right"

Gemini Longevity?

Fellas,

I know it's unrelated to the current topic, but I am getting the vibe that I've got a couple of Gemini bubbas here. What is the deal? On airlinepilotcentral.com at the bottom of the Gemini page, it says "longevity currently frozen. all pilots remain at current year of service"....is this sh!t true? I'm hoping that it's not true, because otherwise Gemini looks like a great deal to work for (location, $$$(if not frozen), etc.)

Thanks for the 411

LeonPhelps said:
Fellas,

I know it's unrelated to the current topic, but I am getting the vibe that I've got a couple of Gemini bubbas here. What is the deal? On airlinepilotcentral.com at the bottom of the Gemini page, it says "longevity currently frozen. all pilots remain at current year of service"....is this sh!t true? I'm hoping that it's not true, because otherwise Gemini looks like a great deal to work for (location, $$$(if not frozen), etc.)

Thanks for the 411

Yes it is true.........

So, fogrunner...what's the deal? Any word on when they will "thaw"(unfreeze) the payscales? Is your union fighting it at all? Sorry to hear it man...good luck to ya!

LeonPhelps said:
So, fogrunner...what's the deal? Any word on when they will "thaw"(unfreeze) the payscales? Is your union fighting it at all? Sorry to hear it man...good luck to ya!

No. Many rumors. Nothing official.

Yes. However it was part of the CBA that was signed a little over a year ago. (you never get what you want, you get what you negotiate)

New-hires receive 2nd yr pay on their anniversary and are frozen there.

vindiesel said:
i would think you had it nice at ups, great pay after year one and stability, a friend of mine is desperate to go brown, has been making a good case for it, the doo doo brown uniform would suck, wait, you were joking, right? sarcasm- hate my life

No sarcasm here. UPS sux. You don't want to come here and work for these A-holes.

FreightNazi said:
No sarcasm here. UPS sux. You don't want to come here and work for these A-holes.

FreightNazi-

At least you guys have "real" mechanics, and don't have to listen to old crusty F/As b!tch all day long.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, however, sometimes it's directly above a septic tank.

320AV8R

Freight Nazi...

...do you mind me asking what about UPS sux? I guess specifically, because something that might bother one person, wouldn't bother another...

"One man's sh!t, is another man's ice cream" --author unknown

Latest resources

Back