• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini vs World

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:cool:Fogrunner...Waz Up Buddy! Nice to hear that you have a few days off! Thanks for your info, I am looking into it!
Fly Safe!

Tomct said:
:cool:Fogrunner...Waz Up Buddy! Nice to hear that you have a few days off! Thanks for your info, I am looking into it!
Fly Safe!

What I have heard, the training department is filling an MD11 and DC10 class for around the 24th October.

Last one of the year so they say.........

Hey Tomct email me at home.

World vs Gemini

Hi, I've only been at World a year, but I really like it. I believe the pay is better, there is a retirement plan, profit sharing and home-basing. No reserve anywhere but where you live. $2.40 /hr per diem dom and intl.

And ... no frozen longevity!!. Most guys make around $80K the second year. Captains make $150K or better with the overtime. I also enjoy the mix of flying troops and cargo. Cargo is easier, but sometimes it's nice to have the girls along for the layover.

Just my 2 cents.

How are the contract negotiations going at World? Wasn't a TA voted down earlier this year? Seems like a very interesting company to work for.

Dewey Oxberger said:
How are the contract negotiations going at World? Wasn't a TA voted down earlier this year? Seems like a very interesting company to work for.

Contract negotiations are still going... They meet again next week and from what I gather the company is ready to play ball (heard that before). We've been in the process for over 2 years so a contract is long over due. World has been making record profits for a number of years now and is growing, I think its time for some payback. The TA that was voted down was all the way back in Jan. of 04.

World is still hiring, and will probably continue. I believe the new fleet type will be named shortly after the contract is settled. Management does not and will not merge the NAA and WOA lists... From what I hear the new large aircraft will be flown at WORLD by WORLD pilots. I hope I'm not believeng too much!

Its a great time to get on board. If the rumors are true World will make a great career.

Cheers (back to the Yankee game!)

fogrunner said:
I don't think so.

I think you will see more classes in the new year.

I interviewed at Gemini this past August. I thought everything went well. But I haven't heard anything back. Not even a rejection letter. I know they sent me for a drug test, called for my FAA records, training records and my credit, but still, nothing. Who do I contact? I am still interested in a job.

You might give HR a call. The same thing happened to me. I interviewed and did the drug test and then didn't hear a thing for a month. Now I'm sitting in class on the MD11. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back