• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only way that battle will be won is to fight for it. Voting no on this lousy TA will not only be good for us, but also for the industry as a whole.

I really hope each and every one of us is being persuasive enough to not let this POS TA pass. talk on the forum is really good, but talk on the road is so much more effective. I am new to contract labor and negotiations, but as my friend and mentor once said, you get what you negotiate! we are picking up table scraps here from a diner at a homless shelter!!! please guys, lets pull it together and get something out of this, we work hard and all have made sacrifices in the name of saving this company. It is time to collect...

I have a nasty feeling about this. When we have a guy write to the MEC with a question or comment concerning the TA and says he does not care about the pay package. We are in trouble. You never get what you want, you get what you negotiate. This is a poor deal for the Gemini crew force.

What are you worth? Put aside the spin from the company and the union. Are your skills and dedication worth the proposed TA? The industry is driving towards nothing more than blue collar wages ( even less ).

Where does it stop?

just my opinion, I'd like to see opposing viewpoints.

dhc8drvr said:
What are you worth? Put aside the spin from the company and the union. Are your skills and dedication worth the proposed TA? The industry is driving towards nothing more than blue collar wages ( even less ).

Where does it stop?

just my opinion, I'd like to see opposing viewpoints.

I agree with you. What I am saying is that people will go out and fly heavy equipment all over the world for next to nothing. I am not talking about third world airlines. I am talking home grown US Airlines.

The sad part is, we have 3rd world wages right here in the USA. We can stop this, one airline at a time.

Shipping freight by air is expensive, charge the customer the appropriate amount. If it is time critical, they will pay the rate. Why do we take it in the shorts to keep the shippers costs down? This arguement is wearing thin.

just thinking out loud.................

Time will tell the story, I voted NO but am not too sure if crewmembers are worn down etc. I do hope anyone apathetic does not vote vs voting YES, better yet gets fired up and votes NO. I am going on what woud be 11 yr pay, but the thought of a newer captain at 6 years making 6825.00 before taxes to fly DC-10 or MD-11 away from home 17 to 18 days per month.. no 401K match etc. I am not referring just to "captain" pay, but those F.O.'s who even spend a few years here, have not much of a future. Yes, they have mentioned we can revisit the pay issue in two years, hmm heard that before.

Latest resources

Back