• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fedora, I didn't know the stripes on the 11 were silver. On the 10 they are gold. Or are yours faded in the african sun? Or color blind?

Talk about changing destinations. In Miami with the flight plan loaded to go to Santiago, Chili do we get a phone call with the question if we had brought winter gear. Of course not! Allright, go back to the hotel, get your stuff and check out. We need you to go to....... Toronto where it is snowing and awful cold, followed by a little hop to JFK. Spend the night there and go to ORD next afternoon. The departure to ORD happened just when the ice storm hit JFK (and Jet Blue). We were on the plane for 19 hrs to do a 1.5 hr flight. After 12 hrs we finally got a small meal and some (diet)cokes delivered, but apparently water is a scarce resource in JFK. No koffie, no way to wash hands (the not-so-potable water had been drained because of the temps).

I hear all of you: why not go back to the hotel??? Because they were all full with stranded folks, even the five clowns!

Good thing boxes don't riot, something that couldn't be said for the guy in charge of shipping these boxes. No, not the captain, the customer rep!

Thanks, Metro! By golly you're right! They are gold! My spare set is in plastic and are definitely more gold than my "working" set. Time to swap them out I guess! LOL. Apologies for the wrong info, folks.
Sorry to hear about the ordeal on the aircraft. I got there the night of the 14th just after they opened 31L. They did have a room at the 5 clowns, and the next day I spent 12 hours in the JetBlue terminal trying to get out on one of the few flights they flew that day.
I'm glad to see us flying to Santiago again. That is a nice trip. I hope they make it up to you.
Waldo

I hope they make it up to us. I just hope it won't turn into the usual why-didn't-you-pull-the-plug argument we see every month, if something comes out of this. Where do you go if there is no place to go?
I wouldn't be surprised to see the 11 go to Santiago once in a while. The outfit the 11 is flying to Quito for goes quite often to Santiago.....

Just to add my $.02.. (and btw, nice to see you here Fedora.. ;) and hello again Fog!)

I'm sitting in YYZ getting ready to start IOE.. originally was planning YYZ-FRA, but due to a schedule change by Air Canada, we're now doing the YYZ-YHZ-VIS-FRA, followed by 27 hours rest, then FRA-YYZ..

I've met with the check airman, and they're a great bunch of guys, and so far my every interaction with one of the pilots, training dept, etc has been a positive one.

This is a small, and relatively young company with lots of potential.. but it could go either way.. stagnation, or growth.. I don't see it getting worse however. Cargo business is too hearty.

There are no less than 5 Starbucks within walking distance of the Haupbahnhoff. Darn near as bad as Seattle.

Hey not to change the subject, but is Randy Pitts still working there? Got hired back in 2003 time frame and went right seat of the DC10. Lost contact one or two moves ago. Please PM if you don't mind. Would like to get a message to him. Thanks LOA

Hey not to change the subject, but is Randy Pitts still working there? Got hired back in 2003 time frame and went right seat of the DC10. Lost contact one or two moves ago. Please PM if you don't mind. Would like to get a message to him. Thanks LOA

Not on my latest seniority list.. sorry.

Latest resources

Back