• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gear Pins on the CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My company has a ships set, and ONLY a ships set that a mechanic is allowed to use. Requires an MM1 entry to install the pins, and then a corrective action to show they were removed.

Still does not give up the need for due dillegence on the preflight...

OH has a bracket behind FO seat that holds the pins. What's nice is when MX or the ramp pulls the pins and tosses them on the FO seat, grease and all! Nice little MX write-up for the seat bottom cushion takes care of that practice.

Not too bad of answers.....knowing that we are on FI. Thanks all. I just needed to know that there is a way, at least with other carriers that the pins are stowed in the flight deck.

Like I said, I am tired of second guessing myself on the taxi out if I actually saw 4 pins since they are stored outside of the flightdeck.

Thanks guys and gals....Flightinfo can be useful sometimes.

Well, we can't have this!!!

Mesa Sucks!!!

SkyWest has a gear pin holder behind the FO seat. GEAR PINS-REMOVED is also on our checklist requiring a reply from both pilots.

Like someone else mentioned, it doesn't prevent different pins from being used.

Same here, plus I usually reply - REMOVED, THEY'RE NOT DOWN THERE, meaning I don't care if they're in the cockpit or not, all I know is I checked the gear and they're not pinned.

My company has a ships set, and ONLY a ships set that a mechanic is allowed to use. Requires an MM1 entry to install the pins, and then a corrective action to show they were removed.

Still does not give up the need for due dillegence on the preflight...

Yup I like that feature here.... And agree that preflights still need to check the 4 spots for pins or anyother thing that may be jammed in there.

Latest resources

Back